No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a trick I learned from shall we say an interesting woman. She had three children with three husbands and they were each more than eight years apart. Rare fighting among the kids and when she had her daughter, that little girl had big brothers who were really big in comparison to her and her friends.

Gwamma, I'm hugging you through space. The mother-daughter thing was tough for me and my mom often.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• thank you girls !!!!!!
      we don't fight - its just I am a problem solver, but she just won't listen to what I have to say. Well I will qualify. She listens and says yep great idea - that will work, but then just doesn't do it anyway............ so continues to grizzle and bitch asbout the same damned thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for example...... little three year old grandson vomitted on and off for the 2.5 hour journey to Gwammas on thursday.
      So gramma thinks - hes either being car sick OR he has a bug.
      So me being the problem solver realises, once he gets to mine and isn't sick again- that its highly likely motion sickness.
      ....on further investigations thinks that its because he can't see out the window............ so Gwamma solves that problem by supplying a pillow to bolster car seat up. Gwamma has worked out how to keep seat safe etc....
      As she heads off this morning I notice that pillow has been removed, so 3 year old can't see out windows........dahhhhhhh

I just find its very frustrating, because next visit - GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!! Little Mr three year old will vomit all the way to Gwammas........................ and on it goes..........
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• of my 27 yr old i always used to say that she used to be a know it all teenager and now she just knows it all LOL got a pig today. nice little eating sized pig. had a great time. still no rain at home.

Comment

• woohoo about the pig Seas...... I can feel a hangi coming on ..............

.................... actual speaking of hangi s.................... I had a couple of visitors late this afternoon.......2 x big burly tongan boyz !!!!!!!!!
          They were wondering if they could clear up some of the wood we had cut down and cleared along the front of our property. They are having a big tongam family hangi tomorrow. So I also gave them some lamb chops that I had in the freezer. Such a lovely group of guys.............. so thats my little nice thing that I have done today.
          They honestly made a superb job of the painting. I think it cost about $70,000 in the end, and all paid for by our insurance and EQC - so I am feeling a wee bit charitable. Anyway I am hoping that the boyz were all paid decent hourly rates !

DH out at a lions fundraiser tonight - so look out - Gwamma has got time on her hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma has got time on her hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            i'll just bundle the kids in the car and drive up for a few drinks! LOL we actual have to get up at 5:30 to get dd#2 to her kids tryathalon on time. so hope they are not gonna try to give her weetbix LOL

Comment

• OMG good luck Seas. She will love it !!!!!!
              I remember when my kids did the tri s way back in the inception. Such an amazing feat !!!!!!
              Have the best day tomorrow and report back !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• other than the 200m swim as she is not the best swimmer, she should stomp the rest. she can cycle up the hill over to what i call town LOL which is nasty so a 8k bike on the flat will be no sweat. and a 1.5 k run will be no drama when you are warmed up from everything else. she will have fun anyways and those distances arent chronic cardio territory i dont think. more fun run.

Comment

• Morning all.
                  I have just started to get the vege garden prepared for some winter veges. I have found a heap of volunteer purple potatos - not sure if they are edible at this late stage in the season ???????
                  Anyhoo I will boil some up and feed them to Hubby !! LOL what a nasty thing to say !!!!!!!

Seas how did the wee chick get on with her tri this morning ?????

and any ideas what I should plant for the winter ???? I have also found 20 or so volunteer rhubarb plants, so I might need to give some those away. We can only eat so much rhubarb !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• actually seas looking in my vege book - these volunteer spuds might be maori potatoes ???? how can you tell ?????
                    didn't you tell me that they were the best potato ever ?????

...small steps....

Comment

• Is fall coming on in NZ? How about garlic? Yum. Will it grow well by you?
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Hiya Joanie - I am thinking that Gorbag might throw us out of that other thread !!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoo we are totally opposite to you in America. Autumn is definately coming. The trees are beginning to turn around here, althou that could also be this lack of rain, but it is getting cooler at night etc....

Garlick could be an option. I am also looking at recipes for all this rhubarb. I like sugar with mine, but I am so not going down that road........

spinach and silverbeet will be worthwhile........... I can then look like popeye..........

...small steps....

Comment

• I love spinach. And since moving to the south, I've grown fond of mustard greens, collard greens, and even turnip greens. I buy frozen since I'm single and fresh goes bad before I can eat it or I have to shop almost daily, but I put some kind of greens in almost everything I make (the tomato sauce almost makes it disappear). I would love to have a place to grow things.

Someone from my old address just emailed me that Eugene, OR has just approved urban farming. IOW, you can now have things like goats, chickens, pigs, and even cows in your backyard. I love that. Almost makes me want to go back. Almost. Too many exes in that town. I love all my exes. I just don't want to see them. heh.

I'm laughing at how all the condo associations in OR must be scrambling to change the bylaws so the complexes in Eugene don't end up with a lot of livestock.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Oh Gwamma, please don't say autumn. It's still high summer up here, though we finally had rain overnight. I wanted to jump right out of bed and run around in it. Restrained myself till morning, by which time the rain was no longer actually falling.

Ooh, I love rhubarb too. I have just the one plant and it has been struggling in the heat, but I still have hopes for it.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• we have possibly all got exes in our closets Joanie - but my exes are so old now, I wouldn't recognise them !!!!!!!!
                              DH was nearly my first love ---oooooooohhhhhhh

cows in the back yard ?????? the poor wee things !!!!!!! they need feilds to frolick in and mates to play with and daisys to sniff.....
                              Hi Annie, does Auckland even get an autumn and winter ??????

I can't believe how dry things are down this way. We are lucky that we have an extensive irrigation system for our 12 acres. we move them by hand of course, but we can give everything a good soaking every few days.
                              I have just picked heaps of the rhubarb and cooked it up. Very bitter withour sugar. Not sure what to try ? any suggestions gratefully received !

...small steps....

Comment

• I'm in Taranaki, yes we do get winter and it is generally WET so I am enjoying this year's exceptionally long dry summer.

Honey with your rhubarb? Serve with cream may reduce the bitterness. Or stew apple and rhubarb together.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X