No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmmmmm affogato with hazelnut liquor as well as the espresso, nope not worth faleo'ing just eat as is and enjoy lots!
    i really like the white sambucha in my coffee. i meant more faleoing the icecream bit. i dont have sugar in coffee so the last affogato i had last september was a bit too sweet. i have tried it with faleo banana icecream. ya know the one where you stick the frozen banana thru the juicer but it was horrid.

Comment

• Gwamma has sambucha - party at Gwammas.......................
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• our local indian restruant does karma sutra liquer coffee which is sambucha and southern comfort. i was still recovering from my rum attack last time i was there so i couldnt face it. do you have the white sambucha G? the black one is OK too but the white one is nicer in coffee.

Comment

• I had to look up affogato. Sounds super yummy. Good thing my local grocer only sells crap ice cream and I'm lazy enough to not want to make my own.

I do have a coffee thing I like that sort of straddles primal. A mug of espresso, three quarters tblsp of butter, some artificial sweetener and ~ 2-3 oz of vodka blended. I call it a Bulletproof Russian. (If you use tequila, it's a Bulletproof Mexican.) It's not advisable to start one's day with this as nothing much will get done afterward.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• yep I have the white one - Joanie - you can come toooooooooooooo

Gwamma loves me a party !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• yeah i like one as well. any excuse really as life is too short not to. awesome day out. i am gonna bail shortly for a walk. water situation is no better. metservice says it will rain at the weekend.

Comment

• I'm always up for a girls' night! Let's break out the booze and have a ball.

Sea, I wish I could send you some of our water. The parking lot was flooded and the yard looked like a swamp. This week will be clear, but it's going to be cold.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Everything getting very dry here too, I just walked around my village this morning and the grass is all dead and the vege gardens not looking much better (more stuff for them to complain about).

I'm having a drink the cabinet dry party before we move, as we can't take the booze with us to a muslim country. I think there is a bottle of black sambuca lurking in the back somewhere and you are all more than welcome to that should you be passing through. Also rum. Lots of rum. Its a thing that DH's mates always gift us a bottle of rum for whatever ocassion, there's about 4 unopened bottles in there (at least).

Comment

• i am not so hot on rum. it is better than beer but only just. the last rum i had was coruba and it was so sweet, i poss should have just had the beer instead!

Comment

• all this party talk and mud wrestling talk - its getting Gwamma all excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am mean't to be working !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• i'm meant to be out on my 2nd trip around the block!!! but a good party and a bit of a mud wrestle would be so much more fun. i have been out and topless sunbathed for lunch so i can kinda count that as healthy. getting my vit D in. even if i did have a cigarette LOL

Comment

• Oh yes sunbathing is always a healthy sport!

Pity, my DH has had two malanoma's removed recently (thankfully nice and early), so that puts my kids in the 'high skin cancer' risk category. So now I have to act responsible and keep all of our butts well out of the direct sunshine. I know there is lots of controversy about sunblock/vit d/what actually causes malanoma, but what can you do when presented with such a high risk? I love a good sunbake just as much as the next person too.

One more job I've been putting off, then heading out to pick up the kids for our airport reunion. yay!

Comment

• woohoo - go Seas.
                            LL if you have any boooooze left over - pop it on a wee plane and us southern belles will consume it all up. However the ultimate would be yourself included of course.
                            AND LL are you gonna keep in touch when you relocate ????? ......... cos if not Gwamma can feel a twitchy palm coming on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• actually LL what concerns me about sunblock is the baking of it on our skin. What are those chemicals doing to our biggest organ ????
                              I do understand about the wee kids, but I much prefer a large sunhat, long sleeved cotton shirt/or the shade of the old oak tree !!!!!! I can feel a song coming on ...................

...small steps....

Comment

• Hehe totally agree Gwamma, if only i could convince the kids to sit with me in the shade! Nope, they love nothing better than running around at break neck speeds in full sunlight for hours on end. Which is to be encouraged I suppose. Last night after tea DS rode his bike down to feed the ducks in the lake behind our house, and I was watching him from the garden thinking about how lovely it was for him to be able to have that little piece of independence in the great outdoors all to himself.

I will def keep a trip down south in mind before I leave. Might be a nice way to spend some of that bonus money I made on my latest sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X