No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordof - a huge welcome to you. We just keep on popping out of the undergrowth.
    I totally agree with you on the stomach, heartburn, energy stuff. Why didn't I find MDA years ago ??????
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i found MDA as he agreed with me lol i sorta arrived at the conclusion grains and sugar and industrial oils were not good for me and there was primal.

dithering about doing a whole 30 here but i want to do something different. i am thinking a pesco whole 30 with only wild game meats as well. my only struggle is what to feed the kids as they will riot if i try to overdo the shellfish etc.

there is also the issue of the ubiquitous coconut milk/oil/cream. i fully admit i am a coffee junkie. i need to have something i can drink with milk or equivalent in it with the flavour of coffee or close to it. i can cope if it is decaf, hummingbird coffee do a decaf bean which is awesome. you wouldnt know the diff till you start falling asleep real early at night instead of being hyped. but yeah, i will be having to have coconut cream in it which i think i can do.

Comment

• Hi peeps from good ol NZ "long time listener, first time caller" here, just saying hi. Been doing Primal since about March, with small bit of derailing when on holidays overseas last month..

Comment

• Primalgoon, fantastic that your first post is with our little kiwi thread. How has the primal lifestyle treated you ??????? I am sure that a small bit of derailing isn't going to upset things too much.
          Where in this lovely country are you posting from ?

G

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome primal Gwamma, I am from your neck of the country (hence the goon in my name)

I am finding the whole primal thing really great, and giving up the grains was way easier than I imagined it would be. The hardest parts are trying to work out what to eat, especially breakfast, as I have it at work most mornings. I have gotten round that by doing extra tea and nukeing it in the microwave at work... it may not be the way of Grok for heating but Im not into cold beef stog, and if I light a camp-fire in the office I am pretty sure it would set off the sprinklers.
            The other hardest part of this whole life-style is the way other people treat it.... "no its not some weird diet... no its not Atkins.. yes you can survive without grains... yes I have heard of the dangers of eating lots of saturated fats"...
            But otherwise, grumble over, pretty fantastic, I cant imagine going back over to the dark (and grainy) side...

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm a long time primal enthusiast as to by day 3 I'm starving which results to a negative quick fix - bread Also now I have had to stop drinking coffee so that is making things twice as challenging! Would appreciate any advice!

Comment

• hummingbird coffee do a real good decaf coffee bean or ground. gives you the flavour which is what i cant give up. bread makes me sick so i cant help you there but i do sometimes miss decent bread and butter. but then i miss cigarettes too and the odd bourbon fueled stomp. maybe try to commit to something like 3 weeks of primal. there are so many things you can have, it is not a deprivation. then see how you feel. baby steps isnt it?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  hummingbird coffee do a real good decaf coffee bean or ground. gives you the flavour which is what i cant give up. bread makes me sick so i cant help you there but i do sometimes miss decent bread and butter. but then i miss cigarettes too and the odd bourbon fueled stomp. maybe try to commit to something like 3 weeks of primal. there are so many things you can have, it is not a deprivation. then see how you feel. baby steps isnt it?
                  You are very right baby steps just still trying to figure out what would be good to eat to kill that void of hunger! Because I've taken up running to fill the gap from giving up smoking lol

Comment

• Primal goon - wonderful to have more cantabrians on this thread....not sure how goon and canterbury fit together - but there you have it !!!!!
                    And Pushme welcome ....but why oh why are you depriving yourself of coffee? Every good well informed cave person knows that you canny start the day without coffee and cream ( did you notice the slight scotish lilt ?????) I've had a couple of red fermented grapejuices !!!!!!very good they were too
                    G

...small steps....

Comment

• You are very right baby steps just still trying to figure out what would be good to eat to kill that void of hunger! Because I've taken up running to fill the gap from giving up smoking lol
                      giving up smoking is hard and alot of people put alot of weight on from snacking instead of smoking. i have read and i cant provide any evidence, that nicotine gets in your thirst receptors or however it was phrased. since we are nearly at summer - yay! - maybe have a jug or nice cold water and a glass nearby at all times and drink water when you feel the need. how far are you running or for how long? maybe tone it down a bit and do some weights? it is also good to keep away from the fridge so long walks are awesome lol

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        giving up smoking is hard and alot of people put alot of weight on from snacking instead of smoking. I have read and i cant provide any evidence, that nicotine gets in your thirst receptors or however it was phrased. Since we are nearly at summer - yay! - maybe have a jug or nice cold water and a glass nearby at all times and drink water when you feel the need. How far are you running or for how long? Maybe tone it down a bit and do some weights? It is also good to keep away from the fridge so long walks are awesome lol
                        +1

g

...small steps....

Comment

• you prob also need to find a way to make water more appealing to drink. the mug out of the tap is really not that flash. even if we dont have town supply here, i struggle. but put it bottle in the fridge to chill and then drink it in a glass, i can manage. it is just the self discipline to make it a habit.

Comment

• A wee bit of lemon juice does wonders for a glass of water and/or mint
                            G

...small steps....

Comment

• A wee bit of lemon juice does wonders for a glass of water and/or mint
                              i should try it but it really does need to be hot outside, or i need to be hardcore exercising, before i can get enthusiastic about drinking water.

Comment

• The odd drinking coconut as a treat is nice in the fridge pushme, I have just taken up drinking coffee again after a few months primal as it used to give me the shakes since I had kids. A dietician was recommending that if you are having coffee have coffee, stay away from decaf or instant as it is not real food and your body doesnt know what to do with it... this sort of goes along with the Primal message too I thought.

Primal G, "Goon" is the teen slang for Rangiora, thought you might still have a few of them lurking at your place, the only way to tell often is an empty fridge and your broadband usage is way over...

Comment

Working...
                                X