No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am tempted to try some for interest. can you maybe cut it 50/50 with coconut oil? i dont do on minimal sleep either.

raw fish salad is yummy! definitely put the onion in with the lemon first off. i threw some pepper and some kaitaia fire in with the coconut milk at the end.

Comment

• the exact coconut oil i have is here
      Virgin Coconut Oil Thai Regular Range 500ml | Zenian $20.60 at my whole food store.

Comment

• thanx seas I will look out for some
        G x
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• send me the half bottle in case i need some energy lol going out now as i melted the oil back into my creamed coconut so i have to avoid eating any. interesting our relationships with food.

Comment

• Hey all!

Back from Cape Palliser -- had a great holiday! Finally back at work, and it feels good.

HOliday with the ILs was actually *great!*

Comment

• First day back at work after a few days at the beach ... But I did make a most excellent paleo pancake for dinner tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                send me the half bottle in case i need some energy lol going out now as i melted the oil back into my creamed coconut so i have to avoid eating any. interesting our relationships with food.
                Seas you might have to send me your addie again - sorry , and I will send the MCT oil
                Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                Hey all!

Back from Cape Palliser -- had a great holiday! Finally back at work, and it feels good.

HOliday with the ILs was actually *great!*
                Welcome home Zoes, and I am thrilled that your holiday was great. Leaves a nice feeling when all goes well

Originally posted by Cordof View Post
                First day back at work after a few days at the beach ... But I did make a most excellent paleo pancake for dinner tonight
                welcome back Cordof, I hope that you had a nice time at the beach

I have had a weird day - but enough - tomorrow is another day, which I look forward to
                Good night all
                G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Glad everyone seems to be having a nice holiday. I have had some most primal days and some of the least primal as well. I know what I prefer! Gwamma, I hope your sleep improves soon.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hi Annie, welcome back
                    Yes I too hope that my sleep improves. The proof will be in the puddin tonight !!!!! I have changed oils, so watch this space........

Mucky day here, just catching up with stuff. I have not been in a great head space with this lack of sleep, so please forgive any negetive posts, PMs or otherwise.

Did someone post a cabbage concoction a while ago ????? Might try me some fried cabbage for lunch. Any ideas ?
                    thanking you in advance troups
                    G x

...small steps....

Comment

• i've missed lunchtime but maybe dinner? i fry cabbage with garlic in butter. no need to get fancy as it should just taste sweet as it is. you can prob add apples and something like cumin. or even simply bits of bacon.

sun is out here. way too much to do and i am working as i went out to the gym this morning. i need to keep myself sane but i would have prefered a long walk.

experimenting with raw meat and raw kaimoana dishes here. raw lamb's liver salad for dinner. may aim for steak tartare for lunch tomorrow if we are home!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                        i've missed lunchtime but maybe dinner? i fry cabbage with garlic in butter. no need to get fancy as it should just taste sweet as it is. you can prob add apples and something like cumin. or even simply bits of bacon.

sun is out here. way too much to do and i am working as i went out to the gym this morning. i need to keep myself sane but i would have prefered a long walk.

experimenting with raw meat and raw kaimoana dishes here. raw lamb's liver salad for dinner. may aim for steak tartare for lunch tomorrow if we are home!
                        thanx Seas..........eeeewwwww raw liver - I don't think so, and what in the world is steak tartare???????

...small steps....

Comment

• Classic Steak Tartare Recipe - CHOW

you would be fine with raw liver. i always make my liver i cook medium rare anyways. it is only a perception thing. i have come a long way from my vegan days i can tell you. but then it has also helped me immensely as i know even men who cant shoot things or eat offal. i have to as i am eating a dead animal. no pussy footing around or being squeamish here. i am also relatively ladylike and refined irl LOL

i will report back on the raw liver salad. it is marinating in lemon juice as we speak.

Comment

• well i am still alive. had to have an early dinner as the kids were hungry. it was kinda wierd. very very livery to begin with once i'd chewed thru the outside. so i concentrated on chewing the outside and the chopped red onions and it went away and was quite nice. definitely a very weird experience tho. i also feel totally stuffed full so am dithering about going to the beach with the kids for a run around in the rain.

Comment

• hmmmmm - I still don't think I could do the raw meat seas LOL
                              but good luck to you

Off to watch a wee bit of tele, have a hot creamy drink, then bed...........
                              catch you all in the morning
                              G x

...small steps....

Comment

• what creamy drink may this be? i dream about coconut milk, honey and ginger lol

raw meat is no drama. i always used to eat bits when i was a kid till my mum told me it would give me worms. i used to love raw sausage meat. if you eat rare or medium rare steak, it is no diff to the middle of that. raw fish salad with coconut is still my fave so far but i will be experimenting with some raw steak recipes over the next week or so. unless the weather gets all cold and then i will be cooking.

enjoy the tv G and let us know how the sleeping goes tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X