Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Dunners - as in Dunedin??????
    gutted that you didn't come and share a primal feast with Gwamma and Gwandad !!!!!! You owe me MM
    Yep. Were you down our way? The only thing I did in chch was point it out to the kids as we flew over it.

Regarding your ankle, on the plus side, you can post more on MDA....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Happy New Year one and all!! Hope you all had a good holiday season and spent it with those who mean the most to you.

Back at work yesterday (which was nutz busy) but things are settling down today so had a bit of time to jump on here and say hi

Decided to have a break from the internet while I was on holiday for the past couple of weeks. Plenty of rest and relaxation with some great days on long walks / hill runs to the beach, as well as the obligatory family dinners (nightly from 24th Dec through to 2nd Jan!!....), so it's kinda balanced out.

I have managed to put on 3 Kg in the past 3 weeks, though 2 were replacing the 2 I'd lost the month before through food poisoning so not too bad, and to be honest it's only an extra 1/2 an inch on my waist and my shirts are fitting tighter across my shoulders so proably as much down to my new sand bag as the stuffing my face

Got some new toys for xmas, a 20kg sand bag, a speed skipping rope (which is actually wire, still learning to use that) and just waiting for my inversion boots to arrive

Zoebird will be proud of me too, I've been doing yoga every morning and some evenings since my shiny new tv has a yoga channel on it
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
        Yep. Were you down our way? The only thing I did in chch was point it out to the kids as we flew over it.

Regarding your ankle, on the plus side, you can post more on MDA....
        I think that I spend enough time on MDA - thank you !!!!!
        I hope that you also waved enthusiastically to us on your way past !!!!! LOL

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
        Happy New Year one and all!! Hope you all had a good holiday season and spent it with those who mean the most to you.

Misabi - welcome back. I am thrilled that you have had a relaxing break. And ditching the internet thing is always a positive. I get too hung up on this forum !!!!!! I so need me a holiday !!!! LOL

I hope that work settles down - too hot to be too busy !!!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Thanks Gwamma

Works not so bad, just the usual madness of everyone coming back to work. Actually this is the first time in maybe 5 or 6 years that I haven't actually been dreading getting back to work after the holidays. Can't believe that it took me so long to realise how miserable I really was at my last job.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• it is good to do yoga every day. It's particularly accessible if on tv.

Comment

• what channel would be on Zoes?

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, on my shiny new smart TV it's the Tara Stiles yoga internet channel. She also has a youtube channel:
                Tara Stiles - YouTube

From what I've seen so far, they are mostly short basic workouts (i.e. under 10 mins) which is ideal for me first thing in the morning before work

Comment

• Gwamma, on my shiny new smart TV it's the Tara Stiles yoga internet channel. She also has a youtube channel:
                  Tara Stiles - YouTube

From what I've seen so far, they are mostly short basic workouts (i.e. under 10 mins) which is ideal for me first thing in the morning before work

Comment

• thanx Misabi
                    a windy day down here. Walked out to get the mail, 1.6kms, foot didn't feel too bad, however hurt when I stood on an uneven surface - but buggar me - I am so not gonna sit with it up all day.
                    Scale is starting to move a teeny tiny wee bit - so yay for me. Lets see if continues.

Off into Rangiora today - I need me some food........................ will catch you all later. have the best day peoples
                    G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Didn't make it into Rangiora, too much work on the computer, and also far too much posting on MDA !!!!!!
                      This extra fat is giving me a slight tummy ache, but it certainly makes you feel full. Anyway I will do my 30 days and see if it makes a difference.
                      Middle DD is coming tomorrow, and has asked me to help her take the extentions out of her hair. Apparently it takes ages to take them all out - so that should be interesting.
                      It looks like tomorrow will be my last day with the baby boy goat, and gorgeous horse. DD will be taking them home, nevermind it has been nice having them !!!! (ringbarked trees and all !!!) LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• Lol step away from the computer Gwamma!

Sorry to hear your losing your baby boy :-(

Comment

• Misabi - I so need to step away from this 'ere damned thing, but its addictive ya know ?????

and its great to be able to dump all your stuff on here, get heaps of support, and no-one knows you from a bar of soap !!!!!!!! very VERY addictive !!!!!!!
                          oh and receiving the odd good tip too !!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            Misabi - I so need to step away from this 'ere damned thing, but its addictive ya know ?????

and its great to be able to dump all your stuff on here, get heaps of support, and no-one knows you from a bar of soap !!!!!!!! very VERY addictive !!!!!!!
                            oh and receiving the odd good tip too !!!! LOL
                            That won't last long if you keep inviting everyone to your place :-D

Comment

• lol

...small steps....

Comment

• hello everyone - how are we all doing on this bright and sunny day ??????
                                Not much to report this end except this higher fat seems to be causing me some gut issues - I will stick with it thou. I would like to finish the week and see if the scale continues to move down.....
                                watch this space !!!!!!
                                have the best afternoon
                                G x

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X