What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Book Are You Currently Reading?

I feel like no matter what forum I'm a member of there's always one thread on what people are currently reading. So primal or not, what's everyone currently reading?

I finished the entire Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card a month ago and decided to stay in Science Fiction and am currently tackling Isaac Asimov's Foundation series.
    Last edited by Swarley; 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM.
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

A Dance with Dragons

Comment

Into the Wild!
      http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
      ― Carl Sagan

Comment

I haven't started it yet because the library nearest me that has it is closed today, although I may go get it from another branch.
        Buildings of Earth and Straw by Bruce King, P.E. - Chelsea Green
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

reading Influence: Science and practice, Cialdini

Comment

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins

Comment

Just starting Don Quixote by Cervantes.

Comment

Intruder, Book # 13 in the Foreigner Series by C.J. Cherryh
                Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Just finished -born to run. Don't know why I chose to read it as I hate running any thing other than brief sprints. Found the whole ultra running really interesting to read about though. I have been wearing new balance minimus and inspired by the theory of running with minimal soled footwear I have been using them for my sprints. I am sprinting faster than ever before and noticed my technique has changed, I feel more natural running.
                  Sorry I digress, good book though.
                  I also just read another Lee Child book-the Affair. (I am a quick reader.) I like his books and find them easy to read.

Comment

Heretics of Dune,
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Depending on my mood & where I am:

A Dance with Dragons
                      Eating Mindfully: 2nd Edition
                      High Five
                      The Witch's Bane
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Return of Dado
                        half you guys read absolutely silly shit.
                        every time we read your posts :-)

pow Zing!
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Just finished the First Law trilogy (The Blade Itself, Before They Are Hanged, and Last Argument of Kings), by Joe Abercrombie. Those were quite good. Before that I read Spellwright by Blake Charlton, which was just OK, kind of amateurish, but it's his first novel. I have the sequel from the library and I'll probably read it when I run out of novels. Right now I'm reading Magician: Apprentice, which is Raymond Feist's first fantasy novel.

I'm getting a little tired of fiction for the moment so I think I'll switch to some science/non-fiction when I'm done with it. If anyone has some suggestions for me I'd be glad to take them! I'd love to find a good introductory book on anthropology that's not too dry and academic...
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

(boring answer) The Primal Blueprint

Better answer: I tend to be in various stages of various books really, depending on how I feel. I've nearly finished Urijah Fabers "Laws of the Ring", I'm about a quarter through TPB, and I'm about halfway through Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes!
                            My Primal Journal

My Primal Goals

1. Be healthy
                            2. Get lean
                            3. Get strong
                            4. Enjoy life!

Comment

I'm getting a little tired of fiction for the moment so I think I'll switch to some science/non-fiction when I'm done with it. If anyone has some suggestions for me I'd be glad to take them! I'd love to find a good introductory book on anthropology that's not too dry and academic...
                              I loved Abercrombie, but I did not like the Heroes; loved the Best Served Cold though.
                              Did you try the Gentlemen Bastards series by Scott Lynch? Great books.
                              Bakker's Disiple Manning is great too, though I am split on his 1st trilogy, and loved the second.

As for non-dry anthropology and human development and civilizations, my vote goes to Jared Diamond, Third Chimpanzee, Guns, Germs and Steel, Why is Sex Fun...
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                              X