What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading two books right now:

Gary Taubes - The Diet Delusion (good calories, bad calories)
    Terry Pratchett - Dodger

Comment

• I just finished book five of Game of Thrones. Before I start any others I really need to finish my video game...
      "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

• The Count of Monte Cristo.
        My Writing Blog
        My Twitter

Comment

• far too many of you enjoy old and educational books

i sit on my mountain of mindless fluff and judge the lot of you
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aix_sponsa View Post
            The Count of Monte Cristo.
            Awesome. Over the top. One of the best. Have a great time reading it.
            5' 9" 47 YO F
            PB start June 2, 2012
            Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
            Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• EL James-50 shades Freed.

Comment

• The Martian Chronicles
                An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                -Somebody funny

Comment

• -a clash of kings
                  -providence

Comment

• Two, actually.
                    "The Primal Blueprint" and "Your Money or Your Life"
                    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Ben K Green "Some More Horse Tradin' "
                      Ben was from the same area of North Texas as me. He did some horse tradin etc
                      as a youth (school of Hard knocks :>) afore he became a vet.
                      Nice peek into yesteryear.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        far too many of you enjoy old and educational books

i sit on my mountain of mindless fluff and judge the lot of you
                        Here, I'll make you feel better. I just finished The Haunting of Hill House and I'm about to pick up Wuthering Heights, but I'm watching Glee and listening to Ke$ha.

It's all about balance.
                        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free

Comment

• American Gods by Neil Gaiman, plus a PDF copy of The Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith.

After that, gonna pick up Noam Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival where I left off a few months ago. I also need to make another attempt at reading Danielewski's Only Revolutions. I've been trying for five years and still don't get it.
                            The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

• Just finished:
                              "It Starts with Food" by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig - a solid, complete introduction to paleo; would recommend to anyone in addition to tPB
                              "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson - his first book, fairly amateurish compared to the wonderfully epic Mistborn trilogy

Started:
                              "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver - love the idea of living off the land
                              --
                              http://runningwithdummies.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by aix_sponsa View Post
                                The Count of Monte Cristo.
                                Me too! Just read the first two chapters last night!

Comment

Working...
                                X