What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    What are the best books by Ayn Rand that everybody has read? I am beginning to become interested in the political structure of our society, and I feel that I agree with a lot of views that people have parroted from her.
    My favorite Rand book is "Atlas Shrugged". Her other fiction is also good: "The Fountainhead", "We the Living", and "Anthem", in no particular order. Rand had some interesting ideas, and started many of us on the road to understanding liberty.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      What are the best books by Ayn Rand that everybody has read? I am beginning to become interested in the political structure of our society, and I feel that I agree with a lot of views that people have parroted from her.
      I've read both Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead and enjoyed both equally.
      Georgette

Comment

• Great! Thanks! Time to get reading!...
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Cro-Magnon by Fagan
          also
          Feast for Crows

Comment

• I read Vegetarian Myth and now reading Omnivore's Dilemma. Both have really opened my eyes to agriculture.

Comment

• Finally getting around to reading The Paleo Solution, Robb Wolf.
              Also reading The Scarlatti Inheritance by Robert Ludlum.
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• "Devil Said Bang" - Richard Kadrey.

Next:

"Taking Up The Runes" - Diana Paxson
                Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• John Grisham's The Racketeer

Comment

• Steve Martini - The List

I'm awaiting the arrival of Atlas Shrugged by A. Rand that i had ordered the other day after I saw it mentioned here.

Comment

• Just finished Joel Salatin's Folks, This Ain't Normal, and am about to start Quantum Paleo.

Comment

• Julian Barnes-The Sense Of An Ending

Comment

• The Dresden Files: Cold Days - by Jim Butcher
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews

Now reading business related junk like "the Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics" and "How Will You Measure Your Life" by Clayton M. Christensen.

I'd rather be reading Cold Days!
                            ~It's All Relative!~
                            34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
                            Fitness Blog - Instagram
                            Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Listening to "A Princess of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs on audiobook.

Reading "Gulf" by Heinlein.

Just finished "A Heartbreaking work of Staggering Genius" by Eggers.

Looking forward to "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie.
                              carl's cave

Comment

• Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival by T. S. Wiley & Bent Formby

I picked it up because Robb Wolf mentions it in almost every one of his Paleo Solution podcasts. The book is fantastic so far.
                                “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                                X