No announcement yet.

What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished Jane Eyre and now I searched for books for beginners to understand economy. I'm reading "How an econonmy grows and why it crashes", though not sure about it, there are some radical opinions.
    5' 7'' - current weight: 117-119 pounds - starting weight: 132 pounds
    English is not not my native language, so if you find mistakes, please tell me. I'm always happy to learn

Comment

• Primal Blueprint

And "In search of lost time part 1 (Swann's Way)", by Proust... bit of a contrast
      Paleo since 22nd Oct. 2012

F/21/5'7"
      SW: 163 lb 22/10/12
      CW: 154lb 1/12/12
      GW: ~140 lb

Comment

• Started:
        "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver - love the idea of living off the land
        ^

An amazing book and one that should be read by anyone considering self-sufficiency.

Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas
        The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Comment

• I'm reading two...Life of Pi and Fallen Angels and the Origins of Evil. Also been working on doing my own writing project for NaNoWriMo.

Comment

• Wheel of Time Winter's Heart
            Bad Science
            Atlas Shrugged

The last one sucked and I only got 1 chapter in.
            http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

• I'm reading Moneyless Manifesto. Do a google search and you can read it free online. Even if you don't want to live moneyless, there's great info on how to do things without money.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketonkoerper View Post
                I just finished Jane Eyre and now I searched for books for beginners to understand economy. I'm reading "How an econonmy grows and why it crashes", though not sure about it, there are some radical opinions.
                I think the best and clearest introduction to economics is "Economics in One Lesson", by Henry Hazlitt.

I believe that you find your current book radical because it is not based on Keynesian economics, which is about all that is taught these days. Peter Schiff instead believes in the Austrian theory of economics, which got its name because its founders were from Austria. If you ever want to read the Austrian critique of Keynes, Hazlitt's "Failure of the New Economics" is excellent. Hazlitt had a gift for providing clear explanations of complex ideas.
                Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

• I'm reading "Who's Pulling Your Strings" by Harriet B. Braiker PhD. Intersting book on breaking the bonds on manipulation.
                  Georgette

Comment

• Just finished "Dracula", and now I am reading "Wheat Belly" and "A new Earth"
                    Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• "Sweet potato power" - finding it a bit simplistic for my taste. But it's probably a decent first book for someone who has zero familiarity with paleo/primal and doesn't have much of a scientific or medical background.

Comment

• I'm actually waiting for my new book to get here, The Art and Science of Low Carb Living. Should be here in a couple days.

Comment

• rereading ATLAS SHRUGGED - AYN RAND

Best book I've ever read.

Comment

• What are the best books by Ayn Rand that everybody has read? I am beginning to become interested in the political structure of our society, and I feel that I agree with a lot of views that people have parroted from her.
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Feet in Chains
                              A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
                              MEAT (on how to identify, buy, prep and cook different meats)
                              The Oldest Woman in the World (and other stories from Haiti)
                              Eats, Shoots & Leaves
                              The Faerie Queene

English Literature student who happens to love books too much to restrict herself to the given books (and who loves meat).
                              --
                              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                                What are the best books by Ayn Rand that everybody has read? I am beginning to become interested in the political structure of our society, and I feel that I agree with a lot of views that people have parroted from her.
                                Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead are probably her most popular works. She also wrote The Anthem, We the Living and Night of January 16th among a few others. I would start with "Atlas Shrugged" as I think "Fountainhead" is a harder read. Atlas Shrugged was a life changer for me and changed the way I think and view life in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X