Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New coke vs classic coke - mystery solved.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
    They most definitely did change the original recipe by making it with HFCS.
    I believe that they changed the whole flavor profile along with making it with HFCS. When people complained, they changed back to the old flavor profile, but kept the HFCS, so it was still different than the classic made with cane sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
      Link? Not drunk it in a looonnngggg time but it really bothered me in the day.
      Plus the Classic Coke came back with corn syrup.
      snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Science says that the glass bottle (and believeing that Mexican Coke tastes better) is what makes it taste better:

The Food Lab, Drinks Edition: Is Mexican Coke Better? | Serious Eats: Drinks

Comment

I remember when all the soda started tasting different. That was when they started putting HFCS in it. I stopped drinking soda way back then. I forget when it was, but I was either in high school or around that age. I have never been able to drink energy drinks, fruity drinks, Snapple or anything because I never could stand the taste of HFCS. I switched to diet back then because of the taste, not because of the calories.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

dang!

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's made with sugar instead of HFCS in Australia... not that I really drink it anymore anyway (I never was a big coke drinker).

Comment

I'm old so I remember Coke when it came in the little green bottles.

It used to sting going down. Loved that stuff.

Haven't had such a great taste in years but, I undertand that the Mexican Coke is like the original.

Now I drink no soda at all.

Comment

Working...
                X