No announcement yet.

Epic "Failure" (Confession)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working a graveyard shift is a HUGE factor in your health and eating habits. There are lots of studies out there that show that overnight workers have a higher incidence of obesity, diabetes, all kinds of health issues. Been there, done that for a number of years.

Someone else gave great advice about the blueblocker glasses, melatonin, etc. You have to be extra vigilant about making sure you get enough sleep (which some days is almost impossible no matter what you try, I know) and you have to be even more careful about your food intake. Again, you've found this out the hard way.

Eat extra cleanly this coming week and go as low carb as you can - that always works for me when I've gone off the wagon a bit and I need to sort of refresh myself.

You're going to need to be hypervigilant about making sure you have your meals with you at work or if you don't get a chance to have a sit down meal, make sure you have primal finger foods like jerkey, raw nuts, grapes - anything that's easy to throw in a backpack and eat on the run.

I worked graveyards in a hotel for years and I can't tell you how many pizzas I ordered because I didn't get a chance to pack dinner and that was the only option at 1 am.

You can do it. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwoods View Post
      Of course- am in the UK - it just occurred to me, rather hilariously, that the highly appropriate 'SAD' abbreviation, is quite nicely partnered by our version across the pond of 'SUCKD' - hahahahaha!!!

WW :-D
      Took me a while to realise what you meant - it's been a long day.
      Pedantic I know but wouldn't it be SUKD. I can't think what the C in SUCKD is. There again have always been rubbish at things like scrabble so maybe I am just being thick.

Comment

Thanks all. Since starting the thread I have been full speed ahead. I weighed myself the other morning (I know I know) just to see if the "magic" was working and I had already lost like 5 pounds! Temptations are still there but everyday it's getting easier to avoid them. Tonight at work there was one more coconut macaroon left. I absolutely love anything coconut especially macaroons. Well I looked at it, imagined what it tasted like and made no effort to devour it in a nano second. As far as working nights. This is my last week on graves until next summer so I'll be back on a normal people schedule very soon. Thanks for the support.
        All time high weight 262 lbs
        Primal since Spring 2012
        Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
        Current Weight: 220lbs ish
        Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
        All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

Working...
        X