Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you, lady, have some nice legs.
    Aw, thanks. Squats and deadlifts, box jumps and running. They'll never be the skinny legs that some women here post about wanting, but I'm pretty okay with that since I've learned to love being strong.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Also, Cori: YES.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post

Knifegill, what in the cornbread hell is that woman doing with that monkey mask on?
        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

:Blush:

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Well, I've lost a total of 40 pounds, 20 since doing Primal.[/IMG]
            Mad pictures man. Gotta say, I imagined you totally different
            Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Yeah, I'm a pretty typical white guy with a smudge of autism and a dash of Tom Cruise (redundant?) mixed in. All the people who look like me tell me they're Irish. Yes, I mob random strangers who look like me for their ancestry. Believe it or not, there's 1/8th or 1/16th of a Native American in there somewhere. I can see a TON of stars, way more than most palefaces. And my sister looks like a Mexican. It's really funny, actually. Took us forever to figure out why the immigrants clicked and whistled at her.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yeah, I'm a pretty typical white guy with a smudge of autism and a dash of Tom Cruise (redundant?) mixed in. All the people who look like me tell me they're Irish. Yes, I mob random strangers who look like me for their ancestry. Believe it or not, there's 1/8th or 1/16th of a Native American in there somewhere. I can see a TON of stars, way more than most palefaces. And my sister looks like a Mexican. It's really funny, actually. Took us forever to figure out why the immigrants clicked and whistled at her.
                Oh my gosh. Except for the native part (which I'm not entirely sure about as we only have a picture of a darker skinned ancestor) you just 100% described me. Even the frigging sister who looks like a mexican!
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Oh my gosh. Except for the native part (which I'm not entirely sure about as we only have a picture of a darker skinned ancestor) you just 100% described me. Even the frigging sister who looks like a mexican!
                  Fun!

To be honest, our family is so plagued with pride and lies that I'll never know the truth. But I was poking around online and found out my Grandma (who looks the MOST Native American in my family) was born in Chippewa territory, and the father is a mystery - just missing from the records. So I looked up the Chippewa people and it's my Dad's face. I think Grandma's Mom either got spunky with the locals or something terrible happened. But looking at my uncles and aunts, it's a real hoot. All of them have the long faces and chubby eyelids, many of them have very dark skin. It's frankly kind of obvious.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Ok, Ok, I'll play.

Please ignore some of that stomach poof, I had a gluten free but not primal meal last night.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• naiadknight, you look very strong! Good job!
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I look strong? I don't follow. Thanks for the compliment, and if it means what I think it means, I must be doing something right.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                          Because I'm somehow feeling like indulging silly demands tonight:

Um, hello there. Nice...

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                          Aw, thanks. Squats and deadlifts, box jumps and running. They'll never be the skinny legs that some women here post about wanting, but I'm pretty okay with that since I've learned to love being strong.
                          I said it in that thread before, and I'll say it again: skinny is not sexy. Athletic, strong and shapely is where it's at, and your legs are all three.
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            Because I'm somehow feeling like indulging silly demands tonight:

Wow, Owly that's fantastic progress!

May I ask how tall you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                              Wow, Owly that's fantastic progress!

May I ask how tall you are?
                              5'8" or so.

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I just remembered I actually do have some pictures of myself, from my wedding in April this year:

So there ya go.

Oh yeah, one more of me in my best suit on my wedding day ():

That's me at about 190lbs, 5'11". Slightly fatter than my lowest weight of ~175 but also a lot stronger. No shirtless pics, I'm still a work very much in progress and no way my midsection is ready for prime time!
                                Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X