Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about this fake in vitro meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this fake in vitro meat?

I read it might be in stores the end of the year. That crap sounds like... crap to me.
    Would real meat slowly disappear? I would actually prefer meat over plastic
    well then

I think it's a good idea and could solve a lot of potential problems. But at this stage I'm pretty skeptical.

Comment

If that replaces real meat then I'm eating people.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I am highly skeptical of its nutritional value, but willing to give it a chance to impress me favorably.
        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Do you really think the cattle and poultry industries will let themselves be phased out? Right, that's like thinking that the corn industry will allow itself to disappear.

Comment

Monsanto and other agribusinesses are putting heavy emphasis on buying patents. So, if it can be patented, and in the US, life can be patented, my guess is that agribusiness will buy the patent (or are already behind the technology), then the USDA will say it's good for us (like GMO corn is good for us), and it will appear on the food pyramid, or on the cartoon food plate, or whatever.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
              But 99.9% of people are feeding on crap and ingest bunch of chemicals.

Comment

Originally posted by CleoCat View Post
                But 99.9% of people are feeding on crap and ingest bunch of chemicals.
                Would you eat bread or grain fed meat?
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

the Hipcrime Vocab: Vertical Farms and Lab-Grown Meat: Have We Lost Our Minds?
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

After reading that list of "developments" at the end I actually got a fight or flight response.

I guess the list was in the middle.
                    Last edited by Alex Good; 08-18-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      i think i agree :|
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        i think i agree :|
                        I call the bodybuilders. The constant exercise and (usually) pathetic diet will make for some nice marbling.

Comment

as i'm in the south, i'll probably be drowning in long pork pig belly
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

Maybe we can get a few hunter-gatherers? If wild pig is red meat then it stands to reason that wild long pig would be as well.

Comment

Eh, you can have the muscle meat. I call the biggest fattest ones. I want that liver.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X