No announcement yet.

Parkinson's, Stage 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But maybe they are vegan because they have Parkinson's and find it helpful? I think Michael J Fox also became a vegan to try to stall his parkinson's. I'm not saying it's foolproof, just something to look into.

Comment

About exercise, not diet - have you heard of Neil Sligar? He has several things online about the benefits of serious resistance/ weight training for Parkinsons. Here's an article with links to others: Shaky Man in the Gym 3: Trembling, but no fear :: stumptuous.com.

Comment

Is Sinemet a danger to some patients? See my post here parkinson's disease - Page 3 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 3 and read this book I am starting to get through about reducing PD meds safely: Download Once Upon A Pill Interested to hear other's thoughts.

Comment

There are a number of books and articles that show that fat is very important in delaying and stabilizing brain issues like Parkinson....I will see if I can pull some titles but the info is out there.
          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

I don't disagree that fat and diet may be extremely important. What has been eye opening is how powerful the PD meds can be. These are dopamine-inducing drugs, just like cocaine, ecstacy, etc. The free ebook I pointed to seems to suggest the drugs are the cause of what many PDers are suffering from and mask the actual PD which can be treated in others ways.

Comment

Working...
            X