Next Big Paleo Thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Big Paleo Thing?

I feel like the community has stagnated. Maybe more accurately, my interest has. We seem to rehash the same things and argue over petty details.

I'm a big picture guy. The 'Paleo' way of examining was a total shift in my awareness of my lifestyle. I'm now sitting here wondering if there are any more shifts to be made now? Is there another step? Another, next big thing for Paleo?

Yes! Live to be 100. Ready, set - GO!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Yes! Live to be 100. Ready, set - GO!
      In other words, no.

Comment

I will take a crack at a really good question, but I will slightly change how I answer it.

Big Thing #1: The eroding power of the AMA and its increasing need of gov't healthcare to stay relevant.

Big Thigs #2: The demand placed on land from a migration of grains to protein & vegetables.

Comment

No. That's it. Just live life like you know you should, and eat the way you know is healthy. No news flashes, no fireworks, just go on with life.

Comment

You could explore edible wild plants
            EatTheWeeds - YouTube
            Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

My interest was revitalized when I followed the #AHS12 tweets over this past weekend. Lots of interesting information being passed around. I'm waiting for more information, but apparently bacon grease is really useless. That is sad-making! Anyway, I'm now more interested than ever before about sharing information to make sustainable and organic farming a more common practice. I'm really hoping I can pick up some classes here and there. Eventually, I'd love to volunteer at booths for those kinds of events to help teach other people how to educate their friends and family about this way of living.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Wut! Watz rong with piggy oil?!
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  Wut! Watz rong with piggy oil?!
                  Ditto. Inquiring minds with a fridge full of pork belly fat want to know
                  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                    I feel like the community has stagnated. Maybe more accurately, my interest has. We seem to rehash the same things and argue over petty details.
                    I was thinking this same thing...

Comment

The next big thing will be convenience stores selling iodine and testicle brushes in "on-the-go" type packages.
                      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Um, Tash, please explain on the golden piggy oil!
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Well, your interest level is your business, of course. I enjoy the evolving discussions at Whole Health Source on obesity and brain action. It isn't precisely "primal" but that's just a simple set of guidelines, once you've got it you've got it.
                          There is also the question of food sourcing, regulations, etc., that has a lot of people up in arms and agitado. I'm in a good spot where I manage to get some really well-sourced food but not everyone is. So that's a thing.

I dunno, you could always just keep on eating this way and go back to building model airplanes or playing the ukelele, no reason that Primal has to be an all-consuming passion in life.
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Should there be a "Next Big Thing" after discovering how to feel better, eat better, live better? I say no, and continue to enjoy a "New You"! Who's with me?
                            Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              My interest was revitalized when I followed the #AHS12 tweets over this past weekend. Lots of interesting information being passed around. I'm waiting for more information, but apparently bacon grease is really useless. That is sad-making! Anyway, I'm now more interested than ever before about sharing information to make sustainable and organic farming a more common practice. I'm really hoping I can pick up some classes here and there. Eventually, I'd love to volunteer at booths for those kinds of events to help teach other people how to educate their friends and family about this way of living.
                              That's an example for what I was referring to. Making farming more sustainable and organic is an action plan, and it's an improvement to what we have now.

Comment

Working...
                              X