How Long Do People Stay Around Here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Do People Stay Around Here?

I've been gone for about a year with some health issues and finally decided to go more or less back on a primal type diet. I'd probably have stayed on it, to some degree, but I think when you don't feel well, it's easier to eat the stuff that you digest the easiest, starchy carbs. Perhaps not wise, but easiest.

I don't think I see that many familiar names now that I'm back, so I'm wondering how long people typically manage to stay primal. Theoretically, forever would be good, but I'm not sure if people do.

Among my own friends, I'm the only one who's interested in it, although my wife may be giving it a try soon.

I've been around for a few years, but I'm not here as often as I used to be.

Comment

I've been here since April 2011 (I think), but I keep changing my avatar, so maybe that makes a difference.

Or maybe I'm just annoying as crap and you've repressed the memory.
      Durp.

Comment

I've just celebrated my first year of primal (not quite as long a member on this forum though, I don't think). Will I stay on it forever? Absolutely! I'm as interested in eating 'that way' as I am in eating the food I give the dogs and cats (well, the stuff out of the can. The stuff I cook that they get I love eating! ) I also look and feel far better than before and want that to continue until I'm about 100 and die in my sleep.

Comment

I do remember that you were here, Diana R. Very nice to see you again. I was worried everyone I'd seen here before was gone! I'm kind of looking forward to my return to the primal routine.

I had originally lost about 20 pounds, which had been my goal, and only gained back about 8 the year I was gone, so it shouldn't be as hard to get back into this. My current goal is to eliminate all belly fat.

Comment

Still going strong after three years. Definitely staying the course. It's easy to lose interest in the forum, with the same few questions asked over and over. The occasional pearl is cast before us
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
              I've been here since April 2011 (I think), but I keep changing my avatar, so maybe that makes a difference.

Or maybe I'm just annoying as crap and you've repressed the memory.
              April was a couple months after I dropped off the screen, so I'm not repressing the memory! Nice to meet you.

Comment

I have been here about 2 years. Still primal eater and sometime participant on the forums. It's hard to see the favorites fade away and be replaced by the youngin's but that is the nature of the beast I guess
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                  Still going strong after three years. Definitely staying the course. It's easy to lose interest in the forum, with the same few questions asked over and over. The occasional pearl is cast before us
                  Yeah, you're probably right...I notice that I'm reading Mark's blog more than I used to. I'm glad some of the same "faces" are still here, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bron View Post
                    I've just celebrated my first year of primal (not quite as long a member on this forum though, I don't think). Will I stay on it forever? Absolutely! I'm as interested in eating 'that way' as I am in eating the food I give the dogs and cats (well, the stuff out of the can. The stuff I cook that they get I love eating! ) I also look and feel far better than before and want that to continue until I'm about 100 and die in my sleep.
                    I'm very pleased to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                      I have been here about 2 years. Still primal eater and sometime participant on the forums. It's hard to see the favorites fade away and be replaced by the youngin's but that is the nature of the beast I guess
                      Yeah, but it looks like quite a few of the older ones are still here! Peril's probably right about the same topics being reposted. After a while, I guess we get to know our routines without needing forum support.

Comment

true enough.

i think the reason i sort of stayed/came back recently is because I do have friends and we hang in journals and have nice PM chats and stuff. it's worth hanging out for that imo.

otherwise, i try to answer when i can. some people can get nutty, and I think it's good to assert that it's ok to be whatever fit is that someone else is freaking out about, you know? Like "OMG YOU EAT NUTS! WHAT ABOUT PRIMAL PUFA THEORY? HUH? HUH? WHAT ABOUT THAT!" and you know, I come in and go "nuts are primal. some people have problems with them, so use with caution. stay away from almond-flour primal desserts. particularly if you are trying to loose weight and stuff." You know?

Anyway, it'll be 2 years for us in November, and I think we're staying with it for the long haul. it' really works for us, and doing it all "80-20" is super helpful.

Comment

I've been gone for quite a while myself. Its good to be back after lurking around other 'lifestyle/diet' websites. I keep seesawing between primal and vegan.. while never going vegan I just can't do it, I was interested in it. But if your lifestyle requires injections to be optimal.. well, there is just something wrong with that!

Even after watching 'earthlings' I was turned off meat for a few weeks. Us bad humans killing like we do.. Then I saw a hippopotumus doco.. a mother tries to introduce her baby to the herd, and a young male kills the baby cause its not his.. well.. its not just humans that kill. Nature is cruel.

So, long story short (sort of) I've deceided to come back with more emphaysis on raw foods.. and fish. Funny, since not eating meat for a few weeks I'm sooo craving a nice roast pork with saurekraut and wine.. yummy!!! But I did up the bread/rice intake and now I feel terrible!

But to answer your question, lots of people come and go and come back again... And its good to be back!

Comment

same back at you

Comment

I think that many people probably come to the forums for expert advice when they're just starting out. Some people stay for the community. (a great community!). Personally, I find it very time consuming to sift through to find meaningful places to contribute. Once people have the lifestyle mastered they probably don't have the time or interest... they're likely outside moving slowly, playing, getting some rays, cooking or sleeping. Being glued to the puter isn't very primal ;-) I've been primal for just over a year and can't imagine ever going back to my old way of eating. It would be interesting to know how many abandon primal and come back and how many leave and never come back.
                              Last edited by steffturner; 08-13-2012, 05:59 AM. Reason: thought you mentioned vegan... but I was mistaken...
                              sigpic
                              Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
                              ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Working...
                              X