Your Favourite Documentaries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite Documentaries

My husband has gotten really in to documentaries in the last few months and we've been Primal with a vengeance for a few weeks now. In hopes of keeping our focus high, I'd like to know your favourite documentaries related to food, health, Primal living - or anything else (I fall asleep during the financial documentaries ).

I really enjoyed Fat Head when I first saw it years ago, and King Corn and Food Inc. were eye-openers.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

this here documents how to lift heavy shit, you see?

Comment

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill
      March of the Pengins
      Microcosmos
      Fast, Cheap and Out of Control

I love documentaries. The first two are definitely favorites. The wild parrots always make me cry when he gets to the part about the river and the waterfall. The second two are some unusual ones I enjoyed.

My first class at the university was this introductory anthropology class (I didn't go to this university)
      Cultural Anthropology -- University of Minnesota Duluth

A lot of these documentaries were fascinating. It looks like maybe you can see them online if you have real player. Faces of Culture Videos
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12 - YouTube
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The Cave of Forgotten Dreams
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

One word. Restrepo.

Comment

I just saw Boxing Girls of Kabul which is a great little (one-hour) film about young female boxers in afghanistan. it's great.

I love documentaries too. Eric Bana's one about his car; one about a fashion photographer in NY. It's His Name, New York, but I can't remember his name. Bill something or some such.

Definitely one of my favorite genres.

Comment

Did Cooking make us human - interesting for the primal stint you can add about eating meat.

Also we have watched the incredible human journey recently, which from kinda ties in with ancesteral eating.
                First episode below - there are 5 I think.

The truth about excersie is also interesting if you are getting into the fitness side of things, it's recent, but it may have passed you by.

That should keep you going for a bit.
                You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Food, Inc.
                  King Corn and Big River (Big River is sort of a sequel)
                  Atomic Cafe
                  please be patient with me, i'm a newbie.

Comment

Bigger Stronger Faster. Watched it today, very interesting on suplements and steriods.

I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

Ken Burns, The Civil War. Still the BEST, no question.
                      5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I like this one.... it's been on PBS many times in recent years... "Alone in the Wilderness"
                        Alone in the Wilderness, DVD and VHS available, the story of Dick Proenneke

Comment

My Big Fat Diet:
                          My Big Fat Diet Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

Follow's the Namgi tribe returning to their ancestral diet. Not the flashiest, but one it is a documentary on one of the largest low carb studies conducted.

Also, while not a documentary Dr Eenfeldt's interviews of low carb doctors is interesting (most are on his site dietdoctor.com)

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                            Ken Burns, The Civil War. Still the BEST, no question.
                            This, x 1000. My favorite piece of film, ever. Have it on the iPad, watch it over & over again. Sometimes I listen to it when I'm at work, typing away. Shelby Foote, for the win.

FYI on this web site: Watch Free Documentaries Online | Documentary Heaven

You can view free documentaries there (so the web site says).

A personal favorite is The Two Escobars, the ESPN film about Colombia & the drug trade (and the '94 World Cup).

Also amazing (especially if you like college football, and I don't normally) are the two documentaries ESPN did about SMU & U Miami. (Pony Excess is the SMU one, I forget the name of the U Miami one, but you can use the google). Both great TV.

Comment

The Money Masters [Full Documentary] - YouTube

Fairly comprehensive one about the Fed and central banking

Comment

Working...
                              X