Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circus Fat Men 100 Years Ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trying to impress? Me? I know I'm just some text on a screen here, but I know me, and the thought that I ever tried to impress men is very funny to me.

    All of the above posts show that the fat jokes are mostly all directed at women and I didn't write all the above posts.

    As to how Lennon treated his first wife, I was attributing the quote to him so that I didn't write, "Someone once said..."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

    Comment


    • Come on now, Joanie... you had me at "Senior Member."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        If women were as cruel to men as men are to women, the average man would need pills to get it up.
        Could someone remind me again, how many girlfriends died shielding their boyfriends during the Aurora, Colorado shooting?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
          Wow, that's really interesting!

          I think what is upsetting to me is "fat pride". I've noticed a lot of heavily obese women refer to themselves as "real women" and "curvy". They're not a pleasantly plump 140 pound "Marylin", either. While I don't like people being bullied, being obese is not something you should feel happy with. It's not just about looks. Heart disease and diabetes are not good.

          Amazing how times change!
          Monroe was not plump. She was utterly tiny most of her life, ranging from a British size 8 to a 10, which would translate to a US size 4/6 to 8/10.

          Her dressmaker had the measurements of Monroe's waist being 22 to 23 inches, and her hips at 35 to 36 inches and her bust at 35 to 37. While this is wonderfully hourglass, a waist at 22 inches is incredibly small. I have only had a waist this size when I was 21, and weighed about 105 pounds.

          Interestingly, Monroe had a small waist than a lot of the current VS angels. Again, she had nearly the same measurements (albeit a slightly larger bust and hip and smaller waist) to Miranda Kerr or Adriana Lima. The difference, of course, is the height. She was about five inches shorter.

          I suppose you could say VS angels are kinda *stretched* Monroes .

          I will say though, that it was a hellova lot easier to be slim back in the 50s and 60s because of the lack of extremely processed products in the food chain. I reckon if we were all transported back to 1955, we'd find we all lost weight rather quickly unless we specifically ate loads of cake.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            If women were as cruel to men as men are to women, the average man would need pills to get it up.
            It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.
              and it starts in grade school with the cliquey queen bee crap getting the other girls to ostracize someone simple because she can and if makes her feel empowered.
              Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                It has been my experience that women are far crueler to other women, when it comes to comments on appearance, than men ever are. Of course, YMMV.
                All of my problems have come from other women, never men. My last job I was at for 7 years and for most of that time I was the only woman, or one of only two or three, and I had no problems at all. The only comment I ever got from a man about anything was when I was walking home from the bus about 5 years ago, and a car with two young guys in it stopped at the crosswalk so I could cross. The driver yelled "Slut!" out the window and the other guy immediately said, "Hey man, don't do that!" and then yelled "sorry!" out to me. Women on the other hand are HORRIBLE and will find any excuse to put other women down. Not all women are like that, I know, and I'm sure men can be cruel as well, but all the blame cannot be put on guys. Not even close.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by alexgrace View Post
                  Monroe was not plump. She was utterly tiny most of her life, ranging from a British size 8 to a 10, which would translate to a US size 4/6 to 8/10.

                  Her dressmaker had the measurements of Monroe's waist being 22 to 23 inches, and her hips at 35 to 36 inches and her bust at 35 to 37. While this is wonderfully hourglass, a waist at 22 inches is incredibly small. I have only had a waist this size when I was 21, and weighed about 105 pounds.

                  Interestingly, Monroe had a small waist than a lot of the current VS angels. Again, she had nearly the same measurements (albeit a slightly larger bust and hip and smaller waist) to Miranda Kerr or Adriana Lima. The difference, of course, is the height. She was about five inches shorter.

                  I suppose you could say VS angels are kinda *stretched* Monroes .

                  I will say though, that it was a hellova lot easier to be slim back in the 50s and 60s because of the lack of extremely processed products in the food chain. I reckon if we were all transported back to 1955, we'd find we all lost weight rather quickly unless we specifically ate loads of cake.
                  Interesting, I never knew all that.

                  They should do a movie on being transported back to 1955. Maybe they could create a car that time travels or something. Maybe with a flux capacitor or something?

                  Seriously, I would love to at least visit that time period. That's like the golden age of being American.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                    Seriously, I would love to at least visit that time period. That's like the golden age of being American.
                    ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress) or an African-American...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress) or an African-American...
                      True, but that is right when our country is about as strong as it ever was. Just got rich after WWII, morale was high. Technology was booming (the moon landing was only a decade away). The countryside was cleaner, the food was cleaner.

                      Comment


                      • Hmmm.... yes, women can be bitches too, but in my experience all love a fat friend. The better I look, the more bitchiness I get from females.

                        http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                          Hmmm.... yes, women can be bitches too, but in my experience all love a fat friend. The better I look, the more bitchiness I get from females.
                          Sure, but do they love a fat friend because they are loving and accepting people or do they love a fat friend because they look 'good' by comparison?

                          Comment


                          • Sure, but do they love a fat friend because they are loving and accepting people or do they love a fat friend because they look 'good' by comparison?
                            Call it 50/50..... And the comments are usually behind your back.

                            http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              ...so long as you weren't a woman who wanted a career (aside from being an actress)
                              Women finally realize feminism has failed - YouTube

                              Comment


                              • Not really. Society failed to progress in terms of parental leave and too few women have taken it far enough in refusing to partner/reproduce with men who wouldn't pick up their share of household/childrearing duties. Men's happiness hasn't fallen because they still have someone picking up after them and raising their children. Ask a woman who hasn't compromised her ideals for a relationship if she's happy and the answer will most likely be a resounding yes. But most women don't consider themselves feminists.
                                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X