Settle your stomach with??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle your stomach with??

Battling a little bit of a stomach bug today. Before starting primal eating just over a month ago, I would have eaten some crackers or some toast to try to settle it down a bit. Now I am at a loss as to what is low residue and bland enough to fill the bill.

Any suggestions?

Ginger tea

Chicken broth

Comment

Chamomile or mint teas help a ton. Sometimes coconut water as well

Comment

Ginder tea. Mint tea is good too...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Celestial Seasonings Tummy Mint tea (mint, chamomile, fennel) is a staple at our house. The fennel sounds strange, but is extremely popular in Europe - because it works.

Hope you feel better soon.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Listen to your tummy. Perhaps it is saying "dont feed me".

I think Mark had a post on it some time back (cant find it though - sorry)
            I'll be back

Comment

Bananas, white rice, honey, raw garlic, herbal teas, and ginger
              “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

cheesy omelette to fills the gaps and give you plenty of protein.
                fresh ginger and honey tea.
                worked for me a couple of weeks ago anyway. hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Fasting - it's often better to rest your GI system than eat, if you're not that hungry.
                  Water/ginger tea/peppermint tea
                  Bone broth
                  Boiled eggs
                  Full-fat yoghurt
                  Good quality fatty meat
                  Avoid fiberous veggies and fruit till you feel better.
                  Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
                  Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
                  Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
                  WOE: Primal + IF
                  Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
                  Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

I'd go with not eating at all. I don't understand how people can eat when sick, it just makes me feel worse.

Comment

If I'm sick, I usually don't feel hungry. Once I'm hungry, I go with cravings. Often, it's fruit, but usually it's yogurt or scrambled eggs.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

Kombucha
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

For some reason, a small hunk of good bleu cheese always does the trick.

I have no idea why.

Comment

Sea salt. Whenever I feel sick to my stomach, nauseated, stomach cramps, etc. I pour some sea salt on my hand and like it off, take a second dose, and I've not had it fail yet. Old remedy. I've used it on my 2 year old daughter as well and it's worked for her too.

Comment

Working...
                            X