Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Online Butchers for Unusual Meats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone use Online Butchers for Unusual Meats?

    Ive found a couple UK butchers (Online) that supply Unusual & Exzotic Meats but im a bit wary of getting meat shipped...I usally deal directly with a local butcher (But they dont carry the really cool stuff I wanna try )
    Has anyone used any of the following? Were they good? Quality/service etc
    Or any other companys you can recomend?

    Welcome to Alternative Meats Online Shop

    Wild Meat Company - game meat dealers suffolk order wild game meat online - partridge, venison, pheasant, rabbit, duck (They have Squirrel!!!!)

    Welcome to Kezie Foods online Exotic Food store - Kezie Foods (mmmm frog legs & Python......)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  • #2
    I use a place in Colorado called Grande Natural Meats, website ElkUSA.com
    They have some great stuff, elk, bison, venison, goat, but I'm not sure if they ship to your part of the world. They might.

    I got some kangaroo at an Aussie site (let's see if I can find that again)
    here it is : http://www.marxfoods.com/products/Kangaroo

    Delicious stuff.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yup, thats the kind of stuff im looking for but I wouldent order from outside the UK, even if they would ship here it would cost a fortune & could be pretty dodgy getting here fast.

      The ones I posted above were all ones ive found in the UK... so shipping times would be fast & shipping cost arent bad.

      Currently looking up squirrel recipes much to hubbys horror....
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

      http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Comment


      • #4
        I ordered from Laverstoke Park and it turned up today. It was packaged well and the meat was kept very cold so no issues there. I didn't buy anything adventurous, just nitrate free bacon and preservative/filler free sausages, but i am very impressed with them. About Us | Buy Organic Meat Online, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Chicken - Organic Meat & Food - Laverstoke Park Farm | Laverstoke Park Farm

        Go for it, get something different

        Comment


        • #5
          Ohhh did you see the unpasturized buffalo mozzarella?....
          and Biltong... crap... there goes all my money
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

          http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

          Comment


          • #6
            If they didn't ship well they'd lose their business quickly. So why not give it a shot? I've gotten beef from US Wellness Meats here in the US and they ship quickly and the product is always still frozen and top quality. The only issue I have is the styrofoam coolers. That's a lot of trash I'm generated ordering meat online, and meat already generates way too much landfill waste in my opinion.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah.. im not so worried about how they ship.. I get my dogs food delivered (all raw/frozen... deys primal doggies )
              More to the quality of the meat itself...
              thats why I was hoping somebody else had used them before & could give me some feedback

              Oh & I checked out the Marx site
              118 for 5kg of Kangaroo mince
              I can get the same here for about 51 (Thats including the currency exchange & shipping charges)
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

              http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                I use a place in Colorado called Grande Natural Meats, website ElkUSA.com
                They have some great stuff, elk, bison, venison, goat, but I'm not sure if they ship to your part of the world. They might.

                I got some kangaroo at an Aussie site (let's see if I can find that again)
                here it is : Kangaroo Meat in the US | Marx Foods




                Delicious stuff.
                +1. Have to try kangaroo meat. It doesn't work to well frying it for some reason but it's really good sliced thin and cooked lightly under the grill.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                  Oh & I checked out the Marx site
                  118 for 5kg of Kangaroo mince
                  I can get the same here for about 51 (Thats including the currency exchange & shipping charges)
                  Really? Do you grow kangaroos in Scottland? I wonder how you get it so cheaply. I have checked out several Aussie sites for 'roo and their prices are all about the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    Really? Do you grow kangaroos in Scottland? I wonder how you get it so cheaply. I have checked out several Aussie sites for 'roo and their prices are all about the same.
                    Not that I know of... Im sure it would be shipped from Aus.
                    We do have Bison here though (about 10 minute drive from my house)
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                      Not that I know of... Im sure it would be shipped from Aus.
                      We do have Bison here though (about 10 minute drive from my house)
                      True, I would think bison would be happier in the Scottish climate than Skippy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ill tell you it was a bit of a shock seeing them for the first time (You can see them from the main road)
                        I think they are actually European Bison though... look like American ones but a bit smaller (Did some googling after I first saw them)
                        They do sell the meat but limited availability.. & not much available at the moment
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                        http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nope! I found some info their website and they actually are Proper American Bison. Really cute pictures of the caves to. gonna grow up to be nice tasty steaks
                          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                          http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                            Nope! I found some info their website and they actually are Proper American Bison. Really cute pictures of the caves to. gonna grow up to be nice tasty steaks
                            I love the way you folks on that side of the pond use the term "proper". To me this conjures up an image of a bison standing there in a bow tie and cummerbund.

                            Bison is very tasty in everything from marinara sauce to meatballs to meatloaf, and of course, my favorite, ribeye steaks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              I love the way you folks on that side of the pond use the term "proper".
                              LOL
                              You wanna know something even funnier?
                              Im actully Canadian
                              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                              http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X