Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to eat at Chick Fil A today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going to eat at Chick Fil A today

    What should I get to stay as primal like as possible? If I get a sandwich no bun or fried obviously.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  • #2
    o:

    you support their support of no gay marriage!

    why don't you and sarah palin get married!!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

    Comment


    • #3
      The best you can do is the grilled chicken and fruit salad, but I wouldn't. The chicken is brined in a lot of crap, and none of the dressings are paleo or primal. Last time I ate there, I got a headache. That was over a year ago.

      Alternately, just say to hell with it and have one of these:
      Chick-Fil-A Debuts New Homophobic Sandwich | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

      Comment


      • #4
        Take a day off and 'chow down' kenn...
        Last edited by cori93437; 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

        Comment


        • #5
          huh-OOOOOLD ONNNN for one more dayyyy

          beautiful
          yeah you are

          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow... whatever happened to a private business being able to make their own decisions. Why is it only OK when a business supports gay marriage? Just don't eat there if you do not agree abd give it a rest already.

            Try a grilled chicken salad without dressing. That is probably the best.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by laura642 View Post
              Wow... whatever happened to a private business being able to make their own decisions. Why is it only OK when a business supports gay marriage? Just don't eat there if you do not agree abd give it a rest already.

              Try a grilled chicken salad without dressing. That is probably the best.
              +1

              I wish we had Chick-Fil-A here. I'd totally go buy something.

              The part that drives me crazy is that everyone seems to be thinking they're discriminating against people, or saying anything hateful. Ya know... I've been searching and scouring the web, and I fail to find anything Dan Cathy has said that can be construed as "hateful" towards gays. Being pro-traditional family doesn't mean you hate gays or discriminate against them. I mean, just because I choose to promote and support Primal lifestyle, doesn't mean I hate Veganism. Think about it. If you're pro-choice, does that also mean you hate life? (Well, maybe it does.) Furthermore, I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in, as unpopular as it may be. He's not out just chasing the almighty dollar, selling out his ethics for money. That's why I will support Chick-Fil-A.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is the same business that has always been closed on Sunday because it's family/church/the Lords day? So they have traditional values~ so what?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone know if their stocks are affected? Up? Down?
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My simple rule of thumb for 25+ years: if there are more than three restaurants in a given chain, you can bet donuts to dollars that they are selling you the most compromised (cheapest) food they can get away with legally. IOW, if it's a franchise, don't eat there.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                      +1

                      I wish we had Chick-Fil-A here. I'd totally go buy something.

                      The part that drives me crazy is that everyone seems to be thinking they're discriminating against people, or saying anything hateful. Ya know... I've been searching and scouring the web, and I fail to find anything Dan Cathy has said that can be construed as "hateful" towards gays. Being pro-traditional family doesn't mean you hate gays or discriminate against them. I mean, just because I choose to promote and support Primal lifestyle, doesn't mean I hate Veganism. Think about it. If you're pro-choice, does that also mean you hate life? (Well, maybe it does.) Furthermore, I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in, as unpopular as it may be. He's not out just chasing the almighty dollar, selling out his ethics for money. That's why I will support Chick-Fil-A.
                      It's not just the fact that Cathy has said opinions, it's that he donates substantial amounts of money to organizations that are anti-gay, including "Exodus international," which claims it can "cure the gay". Actions speak louder than words.
                      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                        It's not just the fact that Cathy has said opinions, it's that he donates substantial amounts of money to organizations that are anti-gay, including "Exodus international," which claims it can "cure the gay". Actions speak louder than words.

                        If Cathy wanted to donate his personal income, whatevs I suppose. We're all entitled to support causes we believe in. That's private, personal opinion. But, when "the company" is donating a couple million bucks to anti-gay groups, then they're bringing politics into their business and are INVITING people to vote with their dollars. That's what people are reacting to...Not whether the individuals who work for or own the company can have whatever thoughts/opinions/ideas they want. I'll vote with not eating there.

                        that said, they make an awesome chicken sandwich.
                        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          that said, they make an awesome chicken sandwich.
                          truth

                          but those damn grody waffle fries..
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

                          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
                            If Cathy wanted to donate his personal income, whatevs I suppose. We're all entitled to support causes we believe in. That's private, personal opinion. But, when "the company" is donating a couple million bucks to anti-gay groups, then they're bringing politics into their business and are INVITING people to vote with their dollars. That's what people are reacting to...Not whether the individuals who work for or own the company can have whatever thoughts/opinions/ideas they want. I'll vote with not eating there.

                            that said, they make an awesome chicken sandwich.
                            What Kennelmom said.

                            Business and business owners can do what they want (within legal limits). I don't care. Doesn't mean I have to support them. That's the magic of...Amerrriccaaaaaa! o/~
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think I'll choose Zaxby's instead, if I must eat restaurant chicken product. Otherwise, I'm cooking tonight. My boyfriend can actually cook a filet that tastes just like Chick Fil A, but less salty.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X