Going to eat at Chick Fil A today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm late to the party, but let me get this straight(haha).....So they are gonna show up and order something and pay just so that they can sit there and make out for a bit?

Seems sorta counter productive doesn't it?

I mean they do have to order something don't they? That is still a rule when you walk into a fast food joint these days isn't it?
    Well... I certainly would't give them any money for the 'privilege'.
    Of course... there have been time when I've gone in, used the restroom, and left without ever buying a thing too... (at other fast food places while traveling).
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-03-2012, 07:22 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      I wonder how they would feel if non-hetero couples showed up...
      Would they have them forcibly removed?
      They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware). I do not see what privilege people have to go onto private property to do anything besides buy their food. If people want to protest that is cool if it is on public sidewalks etc but if they were to go into the business to protest that would be trespassing would it not? At which point, even though I disagree with CFA's politics I would fully support having said protesters thrown out or arrested of course that would just add to the CFA hate, which I am guessing is the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware). I do not see what privilege people have to go onto private property to do anything besides buy their food. If people want to protest that is cool if it is on public sidewalks etc but if they were to go into the business to protest that would be trespassing would it not? At which point, even though I disagree with CFA's politics I would fully support having said protesters thrown out or arrested of course that would just add to the CFA hate, which I am guessing is the point.
        Before the article was posted explaining I thought that they were holding hetero Kiss-Ins just like the "Support ChickfilA Day" thing... like inviting people to show up and do it.
        And was curious if they would discriminate if homosexual couples showed up too...
        It was a misunderstanding.

I have heard of some isolated incidences of rude language and name calling used towards homosexuals in some ChickfilA places (to the point they got no service and had to leave)... but I honestly believe that they were a matter of stupid employees saying stupid things, not something the company condones (mostly because to condone/encourage that behavior would be a legal nightmare).
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          I have heard of some isolated incidences of rude language and name calling used towards homosexuals in some ChickfilA places (to the point they got no service and had to leave)... but I honestly believe that they were a matter of stupid employees saying stupid things, not something the company condones (mostly because to condone/encourage that behavior would be a legal nightmare).
          That is unfortunate if it is the case, though I am sure it is the case in places that are not ChickfilA as well. The sad truth is that people by and large are morons. Personally I like seeing people in love. I couldn't give two shits what genitals they have in their pants. The world could use a little more PDA (within reason of course I am still a prude after all )

Comment

• You can go into there and get free water. From a certain youtube video, you can even go through the drive through just for a free water. They had to do it in Arizona when I lived there. Water had to be given freely because it's hotter than hell. I'm not sure if that is the case with other states.

I imagine the kiss-in folks aren't actually buying anything. At least, I hope not.

Comment

That is unfortunate if it is the case, though I am sure it is the case in places that are not ChickfilA as well. The sad truth is that people by and large are morons. Personally I like seeing people in love. I couldn't give two shits what genitals they have in their pants. The world could use a little more PDA (within reason of course I am still a prude after all )

For EVERYbody!
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
                You can go into there and get free water. From a certain youtube video, you can even go through the drive through just for a free water. They had to do it in Arizona when I lived there. Water had to be given freely because it's hotter than hell. I'm not sure if that is the case with other states.

I imagine the kiss-in folks aren't actually buying anything. At least, I hope not.
                This happened in Tuscon

Last edited by Nady; 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Yeah...

That is completely out of line to approach an employee and act as if that person had insulted you personally.

100% Douchebaggery!

If I want water I'll go to the next gas station and buy one, because I don't agree with Chickfila company policies (giving money to anti-gay groups) and just don't want to associate myself with them. Period. No need to go there at all.
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Well, he posted this on Youtube, and lost his job as a result.

Comment

They have not discriminated in whom they serve nor are they discriminatory in their hiring practices (as far as I am aware).

Chick-fil-A: Too “sinful” to fry chicken? - Salon.com
                      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• A Dozen discrimination suits in ~20 years? for a company with 1600+ locations that doesn't seem that outlandish...
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                          why do people's concept of freedom so often involve denying it to others?
                          This is very true. The bigger problem I think is that we have a system of government that allows and in fact encourages people to deny freedom to others. The heterosexuals want to deny government approved marriage to the homosexuals. The homosexuals want a special government right to marry for themselves, but seem to care nothing for other groups (such as polygamists) who are equally discriminated against when it comes to marriage. Everybody wants "freedom" to marry for themselves but also the right to deny it to some other group.

But the reality is, if you have to go begging to government just for a permit to get married, you don't have any freedom in the first place! This entire debate is perverse. We shouldn't be agitating for a special exemption allowing gays to join the "government approved" marriage list. We should be agitating to free heterosexuals from the bondage of government controlled marriage. "Marriage Equality" is nothing more than expanding the pool of slaves. What we need is "Marriage Freedom". Government has no more right to inject itself in to our personal sexual relationships than it does our food.

Gays and Heterosexuals need to stop fighting each other, and focus on the real enemy- government.

Comment

• Fuck Chick-fil-A.

There's nothing compassionate, loving, or accepting in their stance on gays. So much for their so-called "Christian" values.

And fuck Exodus International too.

As someone who had the ex-gay rhetoric shoved down her throat at the age of 15, I can honestly say I know what I'm talking about.
                            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWBooth View Post
                              What we need is "Marriage Freedom".
                              it already exists. it's called "not getting married." my b/f and i have been doing it for 10 years. we have wills and dnr's and all that drawn up because we plan to keep doing it til the last breath.
                              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                                A Dozen discrimination suits in ~20 years? for a company with 1600+ locations that doesn't seem that outlandish...
                                Nope, it doesn't. But they are not innocent of discrimination either.
                                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Working...
                                X