Going to eat at Chick Fil A today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    My simple rule of thumb for 25+ years: if there are more than three restaurants in a given chain, you can bet donuts to dollars that they are selling you the most compromised (cheapest) food they can get away with legally. IOW, if it's a franchise, don't eat there.
    Safe stance but there are some exceptions, you still have to watch what you get as sides are usually the worst part. I do love me some culvers cheese curds though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      My simple rule of thumb for 25+ years: if there are more than three restaurants in a given chain, you can bet donuts to dollars that they are selling you the most compromised (cheapest) food they can get away with legally. IOW, if it's a franchise, don't eat there.
      In & out?
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
        In & out?
        In n Out actually isn't a franchise, all the locations are directly owned by the family that started the restaurant. That's partly why they are expanding so slowly out of the CA area.
        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicator View Post
          The fellow that I quoted equivocated participating in a democracy with murdering people. I take no joy in your life's difficulties, but if you, too, feel that someone who uses the political system to opposes same-sex marriage is a murderer, you too are full of shit.
          No he didn't. He simply stated that promoting a discriminatory act leads to bad things happening to people. Cars lined up around the corner to eat at CFL makes it a heck of a lot easier for asshats to beat/shun/ridicule with a clear conscious other human beings just because of who they chose to love. Are you denying this to be true? What exactly is the good that your "Democratic" opposition to SSM is bringing the World by the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
            In n Out actually isn't a franchise, all the locations are directly owned by the family that started the restaurant. That's partly why they are expanding so slowly out of the CA area.
            I know it's fast food, I wasn't aware of their ownership methods. I used to eat there quite a bit. They have an unwritten rule if you don't have money they'll feed you for free/
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              I kind of doubt he had any intentions of actually eating there.
              More likely he just wanted to start a thread about it to see the fuss.

^ haha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

And in response to all the other comments...someone said something like it the other day here, but a few years ago I also heard some Danish politician say that if we want freedom that we don't have the right to not be offended. And that works both ways.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• why do people's concept of freedom so often involve denying it to others?
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  why do people's concept of freedom so often involve denying it to others?
                  Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                    I know it's fast food, I wasn't aware of their ownership methods. I used to eat there quite a bit. They have an unwritten rule if you don't have money they'll feed you for free/
                    I stop in whenever I'm in Cali. 4x4 Protein style... nom nom nom
                    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

• So now, at one of the CFA restaurants here, they're having a *kiss-in* I think I want to roll my eyes.

Comment

• Here is a great blog post article on why this matters: The Chick Fellatio: stuck in the craw | Owldolatrous Productions

Comment

• Originally posted by Nady View Post
                          So now, at one of the CFA restaurants here, they're having a *kiss-in* I think I want to roll my eyes.
                          Why are you rolling your eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                            Here is a great blog post article on why this matters: The Chick Fellatio: stuck in the craw | Owldolatrous Productions
                            Truth!

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                            I wonder how they would feel if non-hetero couples showed up...
                            Would they have them forcibly removed?
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                              Not really rolling~ it's just that it's non-productive~ just turns it into a media circus. Maybe what bothers me about this demonstration is that it seems to have rallied the bigots.

I really liked that blog post~ makes you think, gives perspective. I've never been to a CFA~ certainly have no desire to go now.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              I wonder how they would feel if non-hetero couples showed up...
                              Would they have them forcibly removed?
                              AFAIK, this is a same sex kiss-in~

More than gay marriage driving Chick-fil-A flap | Fox News
                              Last edited by Nady; 08-03-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nady View Post
                                I'm late to the party, but let me get this straight(haha).....So they are gonna show up and order something and pay just so that they can sit there and make out for a bit?

Seems sorta counter productive doesn't it?

I mean they do have to order something don't they? That is still a rule when you walk into a fast food joint these days isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X