No announcement yet.

Going to eat at Chick Fil A today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Primal I used to be a regular there, because at the time it seemed to me that their food was okay as far as fast food goes. I haven't been there for ages, though and they are definitely not getting another penny out of me. I no longer eat fast food and don't support hateful causes.

Just recently I gout a coupon in the mail advertizing their grilled chicken nuggets, which (as they say) are just grilled pieces of chicken breast, so if OP still hasn't decided what to get I'd recommend that along with some kind of salad, preferably dressing-free.

Comment

Being a gay woman I can see both sides to this argument. I don't believe in taking anyone's right away to free speech, unfortunately it wasn't a very PC thing to do and it always seems to relate to gay issues. Had he made a racial comment everyone would have been all over that. I do support his right to his beliefs but unfortunately his beliefs spill over into my life and I still can not marry my partner of 20 years. I can't speak for all gay people but I know how I feel and I am annoyed at the fact that someone can say anything they want against homosexuality and we should just accept that but say one racial slur and all hell breaks loose. This is probably a comment he should have stated among friends and family not someone supporting a major corporation. I work for a very large medical corporation and if I said something publicly that was derogatory toward a group of people while representating my company I would most certainly be terminated.

Comment

I ate the Chargrilled Chicken Club Sandwich and had coleslaw. Quite tasty for fast food. Didn't feel sick after despite the long break from Fast Food.

Since this has somehow been made into a political discussion by you guys, I'll state I support any number of consenting adults to marry.

As for those of you thinking that Chick Fil A is a hate group = lol
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

And of course, it isn't solely the fact that they make donations, but that the company has created a political organization to donate funds too. But perhaps this isn't so disturbing to people: after all, corporations are now people.
          Chick-Fil-A's Anti-Gay Donations Totaled Nearly $2 Million In 2010: Report

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
            I ate the Chargrilled Chicken Club Sandwich and had coleslaw. Quite tasty for fast food. Didn't feel sick after despite the long break from Fast Food.

Since this has somehow been made into a political discussion by you guys, I'll state I support any number of consenting adults to marry.

As for those of you thinking that Chick Fil A is a hate group = lol
            i knew it!

you belonger of hate groups
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              i knew it!

My gf's mom looks like her twin

Comment

beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  i knew it!

Gah....

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                    Gah....
                    Yep...

Sarah Palin Went to Chick-fil-A Just To Let Everyone Know She Hates Gay People
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

pretty ridiculously written article

Comment

I am gay. I am legally married. Get over it! The only downside that I can see to my marriage is that one day I may be paying alimony. LOL!

I haven't eaten at a Chick-fil-a in more then 10 years because I think the food sucks! If I worried about doing business with only people that I agreed with politically then I wouldn't have any customers.

Comment

Offered up in response to a pretty ridiculous opinion (yours:
                          Chick Fil A is a hate group = lol
                          ) . *shrug*
                          Last edited by cori93437; 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

"Palin's pictures are perfect relics of the modern bigot: the kind of person who bristles at being called a bigot while spouting bigotry, who expresses her shame alongside the outward expression of shamelessness because she knows, deep down, that subjugation of human life is *effed up."

I thought the article was pretty fantastic. I love that quote!

Comment

Originally posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
                              "Palin's pictures are perfect relics of the modern bigot: the kind of person who bristles at being called a bigot while spouting bigotry, who expresses her shame alongside the outward expression of shamelessness because she knows, deep down, that subjugation of human life is *effed up."

I thought the article was pretty fantastic. I love that quote!
                              I also found that part to be extremely accurate.

As I said earlier, if the comments had been racist, and they were donating money to anti-race minority groups, the reaction would be different.
                              It's bigotry either way, people just choose to ignore that.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                Offered up in response to a pretty ridiculous opinion (yours:

) . *shrug*
                                Chick Fil A is not a hate group

Comment

Working...
                                X