Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where , what would be the ultimate vacation for young me ?

    I am 18 yrs old. I am primal have been for over a month. I cannot amagine myself living any other way !
    My parents offered me a vacation before I start college(psychology) . Where would one young individual endure a optimal, primal, fufulling get away ?

  • #2
    Thailand, hands down. Snorkeling, scuba diving, climbing and kickboxing. Plus, the food is awesome.

    Comment


    • #3
      lucky duck! that's all i have to say.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

      Comment


      • #4
        I can't tell you where you SHOULD go, but I can tell you where I would LIKE to go...

        Scandinavia. I love the woods, and the cold, and fish, too. Thailand sounds like fun, but I have never been a beachy, swimmy, sun-seeking type. That, and maybe I am just too turned off by all the media reports of the sex trade there.

        You haven't said what you like - sun? Ocean? Big city fun? Solitude? Foreign cultures? The folks here are a well-travelled, global bunch, but we need more info, please.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

        Comment


        • #5
          I would fly to Los Angeles, rent a comfy SUV and drive up the pacific coastline highway.

          Comment


          • #6
            Back country horse packing?
            This site looks Montana-centric, but a pack trip/river raft seems pretty Primal, and Glacier Park is stunning - Our Favorite Horse Packing, Mule Packing and Trail Riding Links
            Montana Guided Hunts Deer Bear Elk Fly Fishing Horseback Pack Trips Trail Rides | Swan Mountain Outfitters

            NE Oregon is another spectacular but underrated area. Very old west feel, and some pack outfitters there too.
            Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
              Thailand, hands down. Snorkeling, scuba diving, climbing and kickboxing. Plus, the food is awesome.
              And the wimmenz!
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                I can't tell you where you SHOULD go, but I can tell you where I would LIKE to go...

                Scandinavia. I love the woods, and the cold, and fish, too. Thailand sounds like fun, but I have never been a beachy, swimmy, sun-seeking type. That, and maybe I am just too turned off by all the media reports of the sex trade there.

                You haven't said what you like - sun? Ocean? Big city fun? Solitude? Foreign cultures? The folks here are a well-travelled, global bunch, but we need more info, please.
                Crabbcakes , I was born in border of Texas between mexico. Although traveled as a seasonal field labor migrant to Minnesota since the age of 7. Minnesota is where I will attend college. So I've been to the beaches of South Padre Island on spring break. I've hiked the monte at blazeing temperatures. I've swam in the chilly rivers of Minnesota, and hiked many times through the beauty of the rich green forests. When I put into comparison, the beach really blew me away disregarding the crazyness of spring break. Biggest city i've been able to explore is San Antonio, but i would much rather be able to use my own body to navigate. I just want a new experience . Somewhere magical ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  dood! Right here - Olympic National Park - Olympic National Park

                  Rain forest, stunning coasts, alpine magic, all doable via human-power. You can't get better than this in the lower 48. I grew up visiting this area almost every year of my life, and I still haven't seen/done it all.

                  http://www.nps.gov/olym/photosmultim...tofolympic.htm
                  Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thailand is really very dang nice. The (visible) sex trade thing is confined to a couple of areas of Bangkok and a couple of beaches as I recall. There are A LOT of other beaches there!

                    Remembering that you are just 18 and don't have a lot of travel experience,but probably want some real adventure:

                    Costa Rica (never been but it would be a good first exposure to Latin America from what i hear)
                    Turkey
                    Vietnam
                    All beautiful countries with a good combination of eye-opening differences from your / my pampered US life (no offense), yet pretty safe and easy to get around in.
                    I was recently in Egypt and it was fantastic but your parents wouldn't let you go there right now.
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JBailey View Post
                      Back country horse packing?
                      This site looks Montana-centric, but a pack trip/river raft seems pretty Primal, and Glacier Park is stunning - Our Favorite Horse Packing, Mule Packing and Trail Riding Links
                      Montana Guided Hunts Deer Bear Elk Fly Fishing Horseback Pack Trips Trail Rides | Swan Mountain Outfitters

                      NE Oregon is another spectacular but underrated area. Very old west feel, and some pack outfitters there too.
                      Looks amazing.. I love the mixture of snow and stunning enviroment. No doubt i'll be over looking this more. Thanks for your input !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        Thailand is really very dang nice. The (visible) sex trade thing is confined to a couple of areas of Bangkok and a couple of beaches as I recall. There are A LOT of other beaches there!

                        Remembering that you are just 18 and don't have a lot of travel experience,but probably want some real adventure:

                        Costa Rica (never been but it would be a good first exposure to Latin America from what i hear)
                        Turkey
                        Vietnam
                        All beautiful countries with a good combination of eye-opening differences from your / my pampered US life (no offense), yet pretty safe and easy to get around in.
                        I was recently in Egypt and it was fantastic but your parents wouldn't let you go there right now.
                        I don't think my parents would let me go to Thailand , I will ask anyway ! Costa Rica would be sweet, and easier to navigate through since I speak pretty fluent Spanish. Vietnam and Turkey I have no ideal imagination about it, would have to use handy google search bar. & Egypt sounds mind numbing !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                          I would fly to Los Angeles, rent a comfy SUV and drive up the pacific coastline highway.
                          I've always wanted to visit Los Angeles all I get to see of it is in movies. Thank you JudyCr

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Belize...
                            Snorkle, scuba, snorkle, scuba, snorkle, scuba...
                            (Sorry, that's just me... I would spend the entire time IN the water.)
                            Oh... and climb if you like that stuff too.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bare View Post
                              I've always wanted to visit Los Angeles all I get to see of it is in movies. Thank you JudyCr
                              Take someone you really like with you, take turns driving, it'd be awesome.
                              Safe travels, sweetie.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X