Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Bikers -> Who else is getting their Sturgis on this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Bikers -> Who else is getting their Sturgis on this year?

I went in 09 and I'll be heading that way again next week. I can't be the only prime going. Who else is heading for Sturgis this year?
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

If I went, I'd pull up on my red Vespa. Would they laugh at me?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

*sigh*
      My bike is languishing in the garage.
      She gets started, and the dust washed off occasionally...
      But she sits.

She's a Triumph so she'd fit OK in spite of being a sporty type.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

as a local, I try hard to avoid it. actually, many people around here choose to go on vacation that week. what is it, the second week in August? I seem to remember they changed the dates last year or the year before.

sorry to be a debbie downer, i'm sure you'll have fun. actually, i was hoping that the hubs and i could take a night off from the kids and party at the Buffalo Chip. Probably next year, nighttime childcare is hard to find.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I've never been yet, but it's on my list. I have a friend up that way that invites me every year.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            *sigh*
            My bike is languishing in the garage.
            She gets started, and the dust washed off occasionally...
            But she sits.

She's a Triumph so she'd fit OK in spite of being a sporty type.

The last time I went up to Sturgis I took the Buell that I had at the time and I rode with a couple Harleys and a Speed Triple. The Speed Trip fit in fine other than my friend getting sore as hell from the seat. While we were there my friend found a big piece sheep skin with very long fur and wrapped his seat with it. It was white fur with brown tips that flapped in the wind all around my friend's butt. We gave him endless flak for the way that looked. I called it "riding Dolly".

Comment

I agree; besides from hittintg a concert or two, I stay away and avoid the hills for the week. Love to have everyone up for the rally though; have a great visit.

Comment

i think it would be cool to have a primal meetup. wish i could spear head it, but i'm so fracking busy that i can't take that responsibility. maybe some of the other local primal people would show up.
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                  The last time I went up to Sturgis I took the Buell that I had at the time and I rode with a couple Harleys and a Speed Triple. The Speed Trip fit in fine other than my friend getting sore as hell from the seat. While we were there my friend found a big piece sheep skin with very long fur and wrapped his seat with it. It was white fur with brown tips that flapped in the wind all around my friend's butt. We gave him endless flak for the way that looked. I called it "riding Dolly".
                  Ahh... My ladies are an RS and an ST.
                  Older 955i models.
                  Basically a sportier looking sports/touring model (The RS is a half faired bike, the ST has full fairings).
                  Much more comfy that a Speed Trip... but when husband and I took then on a 2k+ mile jaunt a few summers back... we rode on sheep skins!

I really like the 3cyl gearing for the torquier feel down low.
                  But... who knows when I'll ride again, or what I'll ride next.
                  I may be relegated to an antique Vespa or something.
                  Right now I can't even drive a car!
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Ahh... My ladies are an RS and an ST.
                    Older 955i models.
                    Basically a sportier looking sports/touring model (The RS is a half faired bike, the ST has full fairings).
                    Much more comfy that a Speed Trip... but when husband and I took then on a 2k+ mile jaunt a few summers back... we rode on sheep skins!

I really like the 3cyl gearing for the torquier feel down low.
                    But... who knows when I'll ride again, or what I'll ride next.
                    I may be relegated to an antique Vespa or something.
                    Right now I can't even drive a car!
                    I'm familiar with the old 955's. Years ago I had a 1999 Daytona 955i. I loved the way it sounded with the exhaust system that I had on it, but it wasn't the best handling bike I've owned either. I had Triumph Rocket III at one point as well. I'm brand neutral and like sportbikes and cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                      I'm familiar with the old 955's. Years ago I had a 1999 Daytona 955i. I loved the way it sounded with the exhaust system that I had on it, but it wasn't the best handling bike I've owned either. I had Triumph Rocket III at one point as well. I'm brand neutral and like sportbikes and cruisers.
                      Both of my girls are 01's.
                      A little different than that 'Tona.
                      I've had several experienced folks take them for a spin and come back shocked at how nice they ride.
                      I like a really sporty bike.... but my rear end doesn't... most of them have hockey pucks for seats!

I told husband I was willing to let go and sell mine since my health has been bad for so long...
                      She's still here.
                      LOL
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Nice bikes. I was considering picking up an ST at one point myself. My sportbike is a Ducati 1098 and she has a tiny seat. I have it up for sale right now.

Comment

I sold my bike recently.

One of these days, I'd like to do Sturgis.
                          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
                          X