An Empire Should Have Its Darth...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Empire Should Have Its Darth...

I just discovered this morning that Darth Friendly has been banned. I discovered this by attempting to PM him, and also to search for posts using his forum name. I have no clue whatsoever what precipitated this, but I think this forum will be poorer without him. I am not witty or clever or anything of the sort, but even I could tell that it was mostly a stand-up routine, a "character" of his on the MDA, if you will. The dude had a serious side, and you will find that here on the MDA as well.

Perhaps this thread will end up with ME getting deleted - I can't tell the future. One of the things that made me want to join the MDA was the fact that people here can be real people, with all their foibles and humor and petty troubles and whatnot - and other members can always be counted on to call them out on BS posts and comments without resorting to kicking members of the tribe out into the proverbial wilderness. It is this "realness" that makes me trust some of you enough to take your advice into my own reality here in the hills of Appalachia and put it into practice.

So, members of the MDA, I guess this thread is now open for business...
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling change
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I miss Darth too, part of the old crowd. Everyone knew his wit and sarcasm and the forum was richer for it. I would prefer that colour than some of the smugness that prevails.

Comment

People like Darth are what make this forum worthwhile. If we strip out everyone interesting because someone gets butthurt, this place is going to be boring really soon. Sadly, I've seen other forums go down this road- it is very difficult to rebuild a community once it's been ravaged. It's just sad.
      Lifting Journal

Comment

I discovered this yesterday.....*sad*

Comment

A couple of dominant smug birds started that process two years ago. But let them live their lives on here and patronise to the new souls and attention seeking teens with multiple accounts. It was a fun spirited EVEN community years ago. Alas...

Comment

We all know the power of the Dark Side

If i could i would take his place...

I am just not that dark

and nothing but love Kenn... but how are you in and he is out?
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

yeah...he was so offensive he had 51 friends

Comment

How am I part of this?

Oh and I agree this forum is losing is free going feel amberlee is right. The hypocrisy of those people is astounding and they encourage a humour less and more pc driven forum where instead of saying oh well w/e people go crying to the mods like its teir mom and someone stole their milk.
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  How am I part of this?

Oh and I agree this forum is losing is free going feel amberlee is right. The hypocrisy of those people is astounding and they encourage a humour less and more pc driven forum where instead of saying oh well w/e people go crying to the mods like its teir mom and someone stole their milk.
                  can we hug now?
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

It is. We have a couple of marms who think they run the joint. I don't really engage anymore, I can't stand them and I miss the old vibe. I will miss reading Darth's colourful contributions.

Comment

I miss the old atmosphere around here as well. A lot of the fun characters have backed way off or left the site.
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Amen to all. DAAAAAARTH!!!
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                          I miss the old atmosphere around here as well. A lot of the fun characters have backed way off or left the site.
                          hey you! it has been ages. (kiss)

Maybe we should try entice some oldbies back and ask some of those smug people to shut up for a while!

Comment

WTF??? Really? Who are the asshats?
                            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I'm with Blackcatbone. If we can get them to shut up, then the interesting people will come back.
                              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Working...
                              X