Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• yeah
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• 1. Yes.
        2. It depends. If it's a spambot or troll account there is no warning. If you're a long time forum member and do something slightly out of line, then yes, generally, a moderator would communicate with the forum member before resorting to banning.

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        Thank you Mark (or minion) for responding to this thread. While I'm happy that Darth was banned, there's of course nothing that I can do about it. But I do have two questions:

1. Is Darthfriendly permanently banned?
        2. Does a forum member get a warning before they are banned?

Comment

• Well, hell.

But thanks, Mark, for responding. You obviously could have let me/us hang to grumble and fill your email-box some more, but I appreciate the fact that you didn't. At least I have the final outcome - it beats wondering.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            i'll nominate kenn as moderator, and grumpycakes :P
            I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

• Originally posted by federkeil View Post
              This is brilliant & hilarious. See, not all gif vids are categorically evil!
              Although the parent who did this or ok'd this to do done to their kid may have to later pay for therapy sessions when he/she gets older...
              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by federkeil View Post

+1
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Well, if I was a mod, I wouldn't ban people like darth unlike some busybodies who think these are their forums and that they should be the matriarchs of discussion. I've never banned anyone but spammers in my other forums.
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                    This is brilliant & hilarious. See, not all gif vids are categorically evil!
                    Although the parent who did this or ok'd this to do done to their kid may have to later pay for therapy sessions when he/she gets older...
                    oh i've done this to my firstborn because i was soooo worried about bathing my son in water that was too hot. the hospital even handed out stupid little duckies that test the water temperature; so it must be a tricky thing to get the water temperature right, right? so the water was tepid, in the middle of december. Brr!!! that's when i stopped giving him routine baths. poor baby.
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                      Well, if I was a mod, I wouldn't ban people like darth unlike some busybodies who think these are their forums and that they should be the matriarchs of discussion. I've never banned anyone but spammers in my other forums.
                      exactly my thought

and i hypothesize that senor grumpycakes would ban everyone who annoyed him

you and he would collide in a clash of ideals which would ultimately result in a black hole
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        exactly my thought

and i hypothesize that senor grumpycakes would ban everyone who annoyed him

you and he would collide in a clash of ideals which would ultimately result in a black hole
                        maybe they'd ban each other, a case of mutually assured destruction, hehe...

actually, i enjoy the curmudgeons, they add a certain spice to the gumbo on here....
                        "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                        "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                        "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• bah humbug
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Awww... I miss DarthFriendlys humor His comments always caught my eye and made me like this forum even more - Call me mad, but I like colorfull people.
                            What was the reason to ban him? You gotta give us that piece of info, Mark, so we can decide wether it was fair or people are just waaay to sensitive.

P.S. About the dolphin pic. I wonder which dolphin got hurt the most. The one landing one the others nose or the others nose.
                            Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

• This is such sad news.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post
                                What was the reason to ban him? You gotta give us that piece of info, Mark, so we can decide wether it was fair or people are just waaay to sensitive.
                                He doesn't, really. If MDA's policy is to keep this matter private, that's their choice. It's a policy at most forums I've moderated, both commercial and private.

Here's the deal: some people can be wildly funny and popular publicly. And then, in private messages to individuals, they can be scary jackasses who write abusive, stalkery posts and/or threaten people. You don't know unless you're the other party, or that other party chooses to reveal their side. Assuming they're even still around.

Is that what happened in this case? Don't know. But I can guess.

It's also possible there is another party involved who isn't Darth who doesn't want the story dragged out, or other forum members ridiculing them for making an unpopular decision. There may be legal limitations. It could be that Mark just hates Sith lords. Whatever, it's his forum, his rules.
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X