No announcement yet.

Are you "one of those women who don't like women?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of those girls who doesn't like most people.
    Honestly, I'm a geeky introvert. I like people only in small doses.

Unfortunately other girls my age (21) still act like 16 year olds. Well, the ones I keep running into. I don't really have the capacity to deal with a woman who is continually fussing about exes and indulging in celebrity gossip. I think I'd go postal.

I also don't think other girls like me. My shy awkwardness somehow comes off as snobby. Strangely, I've never had that issue with guys.

Comment

Yep I think I might be a woman that doesn't like other women. Most of the time they are just b!tchy. I really only have one female friend who is on a similar path to me and who has similar interests which are far from mainstream. This is particularly true for the way we think about health and parenting. I have felt isolated for a long time now and since having a child it's only gotten worse. It's always been difficult to find people who are honestly not F'd up! In my teen years there's so much going on in a peer sense that girls are just a nasty breed and then in early adult hood there's drugs, other hang ups and insecurities over boyfriends and now as 30+ woman it has changed into a different kind of status war based on what your husband does for a living or who's kid is better then who's It never ends! What about the important things in life? Where has girl power gone? Arrhhh I think I've ranted enough lol

GuineaPigQueen I also think other women don't like me! And this has been an issue for me for some time now. For as long as I can remember there have been women who are jealous of me and it makes them nasty or intimidated.
      Last edited by Ethereal; 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM.
      "You can either spend your time & money on being sick, or you can spend your time & money on being healthy"

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        I'm not sure what started this topic, but I am one of those women. I really don't have anything in common with women. I've never worn make-up or cared much about fashion. I am not married. I never had children. I don't really care about feminine things. I feel when I talk to other women that I'm as different from them as I am from a man. But I did meet a nice woman recently who is a lot like me. Maybe I have a woman friend now. She lives a long way away from me though.
        I am the same on the issues in bold. I do have female friends, but not any I can’t trust. I find many women to be emotional, malicious, vindictive, jealous, back stabbing bitches. I hate to be harsh on my own sex, but it is what it is. I know all women are not like that, but many women go about things in devious ways and are too sensitive. I don’t have time for that garbage. I get along much better with men, but really like reasonable women much better. I guess you could say I am an equal opportunity hater though. When I make a good female friend I hold on tight because they are few and far between. Now, if I could just find a way to make them all Primal… I have consumed a lot of bad calories with good friends.

Comment

Hmm...sounds awfully misogynistic to me.

I'm not a girly-girl. I don't really know how to apply make-up, style my hair, match clothing. I suck at interior decoration. I wear skirts because they're breezy on hot days and allow for more movement than shorts. I don't like jewelry as presents (though I've had a few necklaces gifted to me that I did like). I guess I'm not really "into" the things that women are supposed to like. I've been friends with other women throughout my entire adult life, but it seems like it's inappropriate for married women to be friends with men, so my potential friend pool is rather limited. Married men also usually have different lifestyles than married women (most of my friends' husbands are at work during the day while most of my friends work at home or at tasks that are kid-friendly). However, few of my female friends are "into" things that women are supposed to be into. Most of them are geeks. There are certainly women who I dislike, but I don't assume that those women define my gender.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Ethereal View Post
            Yep I think I might be a woman that doesn't like other women. Most of the time they are just b!tchy. I really only have one female friend who is on a similar path to me and who has similar interests which are far from mainstream. This is particularly true for the way we think about health and parenting. I have felt isolated for a long time now and since having a child it's only gotten worse. It's always been difficult to find people who are honestly not F'd up! In my teen years there's so much going on in a peer sense that girls are just a nasty breed and then in early adult hood there's drugs, other hang ups and insecurities over boyfriends and now as 30+ woman it has changed into a different kind of status war based on what your husband does for a living or who's kid is better then who's It never ends! What about the important things in life? Where has girl power gone? Arrhhh I think I've ranted enough lol

GuineaPigQueen I also think other women don't like me! And this has been an issue for me for some time now. For as long as I can remember there have been women who are jealous of me and it makes them nasty or intimidated.
            I agree that things change as we get older. I find it very hard to make friends with women who have kids because they think something is wrong with me because I don't have any and then have pity on me. I don't want any! I cannot tell you how many times that has happened. Sucks.

Comment

Some women are stereotypical and some aren't. Some men are stereotypical and some aren't. I tend to like people who don't fit the stereotypical mold. I've lived my whole life, in one way or another, outside of the norm and in doing so have met a lot of others who are the same. I don't like assholes, men or women, but I certainly don't expect a woman to be bitchy and backstabbing just because she's a woman. If she's trying to maintain some kind of facade, maybe, but the same can be said of men. And I'm quite good at applying make-up and can get dolled up if I need to, but I like doing stuff that makes me sweaty and dirty too. I try not to let either one define me and try not to let that define others for me as well.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I have nothing against women who don't like other women... personally I don't know what I would do without my girls. I know what you mean though. Women can be especially petty and manipulative. I am lucky that I have had a solid group of friends (male and female) since I was quite young. I am an only child so I think I took extra care to maintain friendships through the years. Women are certainly no replacement for male companionship though

Comment

Wait, don't -all- women dislike women? The ones that seem to bond over makeup and wallpaper and emotional breakdowns are, in my experience, the ones who talk the most shit about each other too.

Emotional stability and an ability to think logically seem to bond most intelligent people outside the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                    I'm glad you like it. I pride myself on being a female sexist against sexism.
                    Like.
                    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I dislike women, but I don't have a lot in common with most women, either: no kids, no makeup, no interest in fashion, sewing, etc. The only reason I am interested in cooking is that I like to eat. I like building stuff and travel and backpacking. And confess to feeling a little contemptuous about women's fears (and men's, too!) of mice and snakes and the dark, etc......

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        I'm not sure what started this topic, but I am one of those women. I really don't have anything in common with women. I've never worn make-up or cared much about fashion. I am not married. I never had children. I don't really care about feminine things. I feel when I talk to other women that I'm as different from them as I am from a man. But I did meet a nice woman recently who is a lot like me. Maybe I have a woman friend now. She lives a long way away from me though.
                        I always wear makeup and care about fashion. Most of my friends have been guys. I was married twice to males, and have been with my female partner for nearly 10 years now. Never had much in common with most women, since they don't tend to like building things, working on cars, shooting, etc. like I do.

I guess it takes all kinds to make a world.
                        Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

I have an amazing group of female friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. There are plenty of catty, backstabbing, manipulative women (and men!) out there, but I always keep them at arms length.

I'm not girly either - mostly because I am too lazy and it takes a ton of time and money to keep up with all that stuff! Some of my friends a little more in to that stuff, but it's never an issue. I don't have kids or a husband either, but I am always interested in hearing about how their families are doing and they never make me feel like I'm a loser for not having a family - so it all works out

I love my guy friends too though. The relationships are different than with females, but still very important too me. The only complicating factor there that as some of my best male friends marry, their wives have issues with them having close female friends. Especially single female friends. I can understand this to some degree, but it does put a damper on the friendship.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I get along with most women.

But I completely ignore the really shallow ones, so maybe that's why.
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Depends on the circumstance; at my current job, I cannot abide having another woman working in the shop. No way, no how. I have to be the only woman. I do have many female friends, but don't totally get along with many.

Comment

Working...
                                X