Are you "one of those women who don't like women?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    My experience was with LA... it was weird.
    The air literally looked dirty.
    because it is.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• eww...ok. very different from what we have here.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        eww...ok. very different from what we have here.
        Yep...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
          is pink indicative of poor air quality? our sunsets usually have a bit of pink and purple, and i wouldn't think we'd have air quality issues here.
          Pretty much everywhere in the US has air quality issues (as in, a haze of pollution when you look off into the distance).

But the pink colour in the sky is just the atmosphere filtering out the non-red colours from the sun at dawn and dusk (when the light travels through more of the atmosphere than at midday). I'm mildly surprised you didn't know that given that you are the resident dawn expert on the forums here.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• I just came back from honeymoon in LA.

Wifey and I freaking loved it. Weather was perfect, not humid in the least. People were super friendly. Food was fantastic.

If you guys think the air is dirty in LA, you should have a lookie at downtown Toronto. I'll take LA any day.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Originally posted by patski View Post
              I just came back from honeymoon in LA.

Wifey and I freaking loved it. Weather was perfect, not humid in the least. People were super friendly. Food was fantastic.

If you guys think the air is dirty in LA, you should have a lookie at downtown Toronto. I'll take LA any day.
              Glad you had a great honeymoon, congrats! I miss Cali, I hope to visit again soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by patski View Post
                I just came back from honeymoon in LA.

If you like the air in LA you should see the air in Mendocino, we have the bluest skies! But no decent restaurants so for a honeymoon not the best place.
                Sounds like you and your sweetie had lovely time, congratulations!
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Rasputina and Urban Forager:

Thank you both so much! We loved it so much, we're still talking about it, LOL

I wanted to stay. I was even looking at jobs, no joke.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
                  X