Alcohol throws me off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol throws me off

Week of lots of family visiting turned into consecutive nights of a few drinks (literally no more than 2). But now here I am yesterday and today just craving foods---chocolate, ice cream, chips. I blame the alcohol. I do not have PMS. I def. overate today and likely yesterday too. I just made scrambled eggs at 10pm because I would have eaten too many potato chips otherwise. Ahhh....I need to just NOT have a drink. I did that for 2years and it does make a difference.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

I find the same, it certainly lowers my inhibitions when it comes to food and makes it more likely for me to eat something bad or overeat.

Comment

Same here!

Comment

Yep, me too. It makes bad choices in food seem perfectly reasonable at the time and even 24 hours later I'm getting stupid cravings out of the blue (I don't usually have cravings).

Comment

Yep. My one diet inconsistency is too much alcohol. Always red wine. Occasionally leads to overeating, usually of primal food, luckily, but still...... It is likely the only thing that keeps me from losing those last 5 pounds. But honestly, there are times I think I drink too much and times when I know i dont drink enough.

Comment

it whacks out your glucose and wreaks all sorts of havoc the next day.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I drink mostly clear spirits (silver tequila and vodka primarily). It does make me make bad choices while drinking. Where I would normally eat goat cheese off a fork, I suddenly need to spread it on something, and that something is rarely a vegetable or meat. I don't get the cravings the next day though.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

yes I get the cravings the next day or TWO...such a problem. Hoping to be back on track today!

Comment

Not only do I make stupid choices when I've had too much to drink, but I also have no tolerance for booze anymore. I was never someone who could pound back a lot of drinks, but since going primal, more than one glass of wine and I start to get wobbly. I find myself playing designated driver a lot these days.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I'm usually fine being DD actually. And I try not to have anything for the two weeks after I ovulate---no, not trying to get prego, just trying to not screw up my hormones any more!

Comment

what types of alcoholic drinks are you drinking? beer, wine, booze with mixers?

i have found that downing a ton of beer (and i only drink high-end craft beer) leads me to wanting to devour any and every questionable food item in sight that night, and the next day as a hangover recovery. but sipping a few glasses of wine or straight bourbon/whiskey/vodka/whatever doesn't have the same effect.

Comment

I find that sticking to mead and/or whiskey and water doesn't do much other than mildly dehydrate me. Half the time, I will go below my currently maintained bodyweight because of the water weight loss.
                        Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                        Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                        Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                        Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                        ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Sheesh, now that you say that, me too. Must stop the red wine.

I want a non-alcoholic non-beer non-sugar drink that comes in cute little glass bottles to hold on to, or can be convenitently poured from the spout of a carton box....seltzer the kids drink up in a second. :P

Comment

Dear Kettle: Rule # 2 of the Primal Blueprint is Avoid Poisonous Things.

Sincerely,

Pot.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I find no matter what alcohol I drink, if I drink too much of it, my hangover consists of RAGING cravings for junk food. things I wouldn't normally want, sometimes!
                              last time I drank [to excess] I downed a litre and a half of chocolate milk the next morning [that's 6 glasses, if you care to know the gruesome details]. it was like all I could think about was getting this chocolate milk into my body and getting the next glass of it poured. it wasn't pretty, lol.
                              Last edited by jesssa; 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM.
                              it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Comment

Working...
                              X