Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Mark or the mods upgrade MDA's TV spam filters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you. I miss the forum of two years ago. Fun friendly members. now its dominated by a couple of smug sanctimonious members, who have driven the old crowd away. I can barely bother to engage anymore. To ban Darth. Terrible

Comment

I just tried to send him a PM, and also to search for him... and the name isn't recognized by the computer...

Can we please start a campaign to get him reinstated?!?! How does someone DO that??
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
        I just tried to send him a PM, and also to search for him... and the name isn't recognized by the computer...

Can we please start a campaign to get him reinstated?!?! How does someone DO that??
        I think you just have

Darth always made me laugh with his bile and anger at the world and general taking the piss out of everyone and thing.
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

He was hilarious, he had a stack of friends and contributed.

Comment

I don't know if this will help, but I am about three minutes away from posting a new thread titled something like THE EMPIRE JUST AIN'T THE SAME WITHOUT DARTH FRIENLDY...

Or would that get ME banned?
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Let's see

Comment

I hope all the "let's mod everything to death" crowd is happy now- the forum's dying. First Dado, then Darth, soon this place will be nothing but newbs arguing with Jim Henson and fretting about eating 51 carbs a day instead of 49.
                Lifting Journal

Comment

Yes, those two birds who think this is their private property can patronise to the new souls and attention seeking teenagers with ten accounts. Bless them. They fucked up what was a great community two years ago. Ban me please!

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                    taking the piss
                    Many, many of our colonial friends don't actually understand "taking the piss," probably even less winding up.
                    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by amberlee View Post
                      Yes, those two birds who think this is their private property can patronise to the new souls and attention seeking teenagers with ten accounts. Bless them. They fucked up what was a great community two years ago. Ban me please!
                      Be the change you seek. If you don't like MDA in it's present form, do what you feel is needed to improve it. Bitchin' ain't the solution...

I personally don't care one way or another if birds or dark lords wanna say whatever to whomever. It's all good, imo...
                      "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                      "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                      "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
                        Many, many of our colonial friends don't actually understand "taking the piss," probably even less winding up.
                        I know this Yank doesn't. Would any Brits care to define both of these phrases??

Comment

Winding up - the act of taking the piss out of some to annoy them on purpose, for fun

Taking the piss - mocking, pocking fun at, teasing.
                          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                            Be the change you seek. If you don't like MDA in it's present form, do what you feel is needed to improve it. Bitchin' ain't the solution...

I know, that is why I go months without signing in. It is what it is, and I normally wouldn't bitch, but I felt like a good bitch and reminiscing about the good ole days after discovering Darth was banned.

Comment

...fair enough.

Fwiw, I thought Darth was alternatingly funny or not funny & offensive. But always interesting...
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Darth was a character, he probably put a fair bit of effort in to provide that character for our amusement. He also knew his shit. I seriously hope the moderators are actually aware of the members before reacting to individual posts. Yeah, I cringe at jokes about foetuses in blenders, but -- context people! Betorq, you would have loved this place a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X