X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Like Me, was a surprising fresh concept

Comment

mad men.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Chuck
        Boston Legal
        Flashpoint
        Supernatural

Ok there are several others but those are great.

Comment

current shows: justified, game of thrones, boardwalk empire, american horror story, spartacus, oh yea, and walking dead. that show is awesome

old shows: rome, deadwood, sopranos
          Last edited by not on the rug; 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
            Yeah, Primal Grill's good, haven't caught it in a while, though.

What's your problem with Breaking Bad? It's a good show, and I don't see anything "standard" about it. He's not shrugging off all responsibilities, he's trying to fulfill his responsibilities in the only way he knows how. Simultaneously, it's not "finding his true self"- changes in his character are a result of the situations he's in, not an inner discover.

That said, there's Walking Dead, Shameless, Dexter, Memphis Blues, Sons of Anarchy, Justified... Plenty of shows out there. There's also the possibility of catching sports online, too. If you're not a sports person, learn a bit about the strategy involved and you might have a better opinion of what's on the field- endless entertainment and intellectual stimulation, taken from the right perspective.
            He's having sex with his wife in the car and she asks a question about why the sex is so good, and he says it's because it's illegal.

But thanks for the other suggestions. Because I don't watch tv much it is hard for me to stay current about what is out there to watch since I'm not watching commercials. I don't even know what titles to look for. So thanks for the suggestions!
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions! They'll keep me busy for a few years from the looks of things.
              I have seen Game of Thrones and Boston Legal, and some episodes of West Wing.

Sports are also good, especially if the sport is marathon running or track events.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Comment

Spartacus and Breaking Bad. Best shows on television at the moment.

Comment

I've got HBO GO on my iPad and it's so great to watch entire series in a couple of days. Also, Netflix is free for a month and you can really catch up on shows you've wanted to watch. I caught 3 seasons of Damages while cleaning out kitchen cabinets & linen closet.

We love Homeland, Veep, Bored to death, Boardwalk empire, Mad men.. Weeds used to be great, not so good anymore, IMO.

Looking forward to return of Revenge, Nurse Jackie, House of Lies. Californication & Shameless, very good. Dexter is good, too graphic sometimes, but he's so lovable.

Comment

Boston Legal, yes!

I can always pick up Sex and the City and get into it

Comment

funny: Archer, The New Girl, Bob's Burgers, Community, Portlandia

not so funny: Six Feet Under, Twin Peaks, Boardwalk Empire, Carnivale, Mad Men, True Blood, Dexter, first couple seasons of Weeds
                      Last edited by Chaohinon; 07-29-2012, 12:01 AM.
                      “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Dr. Who. First five seasons of the new show are some of the greatest sci fi/ horror tv of the last 20 years. Seriously.

Comment

Some of my favourites (long list):
                          - Damages
                          - True Blood
                          - Californication
                          - Dexter
                          - Castle
                          - Nurse Jackie
                          - Breaking Bad
                          - Game of Thrones
                          - Walking Dead
                          - New Girl
                          - Parks and Recreation
                          - Justified
                          - Community
                          - Boardwalk Empire
                          - Chicago Code
                          - Rookie Blue
                          - White Collar
                          - Fringe
                          - Arrested Development
                          - Sons of Anarchy
                          - Rizzoli and Isles
                          - The Tudors
                          - Entourage
                          - Rescue me
                          - Deadwood
                          - Six Feet Under

** Some of them are no longer running, but have many seasons. You should be able to find all of these online. **
                          Last edited by Metric; 07-29-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Nurse Jackie was a surprise delight!

Comment

if you can find the Game of Thrones, that would be my pick. but start with season 1.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                I don't know what you like, but Hulu has 5 episodes of the British version (i.e., the original) of Shameless. Since I only got to see one season of the American version, I'm having a hoot watching it. It sure does put the fun in dysfunctional.

So, I've watched an episode of Shameless - the us version - and William Macy (my son calls him Ned Flanders) is great in it. Thanks for the tip, I intend on watching more of them.
                                Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Comment

Working...
                                X