Squishy, slimy foods are nasty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squishy, slimy foods are nasty

I can't stand squishy foods, stewed veggies make me gag. Anyone else have food texture issues?

i hate the texture and mouthfeel of ice cream. the "thought" of the flavors seems good, but yuk.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Egg whites, especially if they look liquidy/slimy and undercooked. Gag!
      Last edited by Metric; 07-21-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Water chestnuts. They have a starchy yet crunchy texture that I can't stand, like eating a raw potato. Also why I dislike jicama. Texture is very important. Airy ice cream is horrid; wilted lettuce is gross; rubbery overcooked hard-boiled eggs = gag. Grapes have to be crisp and cold.
        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

I can't bring myself to eat squishy fat (like on a steak or floppy bacon). I will only eat bacon if it is stiff as a board. Then the fat is yummy.
          My Writing Blog
          My Twitter

Comment

Calamari...I can't stand the rubbery, chewy texture of that stuff.

Comment

Raw tomatos, I've tried eating them multiple times and gag every time

Comment

I can't actually think of anything except the last time I had sashimi, I think it was octopus, just kind of turned to gelatinous mass as I was chewing it. Gross...

Comment

Under ripe bananas make me gip, they have to have a few brown spots or I look like I'm trying out for a deep throat movie
                  You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Pickled pigs feet. Like tough, rubbery, pig flavored chewing gum. Yum - not.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I just love the food challenges on Survivor. All that gross stuff.

Comment

Nothing creamy ever passes my lips. Put a gun to my head and I still doubt I'd eat mayo, sour cream, or yogurt. The texture of ice cream doesn't bother me though, it's solid enough... and delicious.

Comment

Mushrooms are the devil's funk. Squirmy and taste like dirt. As a kid I would only eat eggs that were well scrambled. These days mostly not an issue but occasionally the whites gross me out if I think too much about it.
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I love raw oysters.

Just thought I'd gross all you squeamish types out. Hehehe.

Comment

Me too - with big glasses - I mean one big glass of dumpster punch, which I think has like 3 kinds of rum and lemon juice and sugar. Dangerous drink. Good fish.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X