Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squishy, slimy foods are nasty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Just came back from the store with 4lbs of fresh okra. Some to be coated in almond flour and fried, some for gumbo! Talk about delicious slime.

    Tercio

    Comment


    • #32
      i only like okra if it's pickled. not a fan of the fried slimy stuff. most textures don't bother me as long as they're what the food should be. for example, pithy apples are disgusting. the fat on a steak is delicious if the fat is crispy on the outside. it sort of bursts in your mouth, yum!

      that underripe banana texture, it's like a drying agent in your mouth. I seem to remember KY produces that same taste/feeling. ugh.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

      Comment


      • #33
        Drinks that are clumpy. Any drink that is a drink should not be clumpy. I don't mind some floaties, like in Kombucha. But Chia drink? Or those old "Orbitz" drinks back in the day? Or tapioca? Nope. Can't do it if it feels like barf in my mouth.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

        Comment


        • #34
          those are gross. the first time i drank coconut juice with pulp, i was a little shocked. i thought the pulp was just extra fibrous material, like OJ. Nope. I like it now, but i don't think i would enjoy the chia, orbitz, or bubble tea.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            i only like okra if it's pickled. not a fan of the fried slimy stuff. most textures don't bother me as long as they're what the food should be. for example, pithy apples are disgusting. the fat on a steak is delicious if the fat is crispy on the outside. it sort of bursts in your mouth, yum!

            that underripe banana texture, it's like a drying agent in your mouth. I seem to remember KY produces that same taste/feeling. ugh.
            KY is not meant for ingestion. (part of me wants to yell, "Quit puttin' Kentucky jelly on yer toast!" but I know you don't eat bread...)
            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

            The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
            ChooseMyPlate

            Comment


            • #36
              lol, never said i swallowed it.
              my primal journal:
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                lol, never said i swallowed it.
                I didn't either, but that chemical concoction is not something I put in my mouth if I can get edible lubes that work just as well.
                Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

                The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                ChooseMyPlate

                Comment


                • #38
                  You poor people...

                  Every single thing everyone's mentioned so far (besides okra, which I can tolerate, but don't love) is completely yummy! My only two rules for food:
                  1. It has to not move
                  2. Doesn't too very closely resemble what it looked like when it was walking around

                  My family and friends think I'm a human garbage disposal, I will eat anything once at least, and usually more than that.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SentWest View Post
                    You poor people...

                    Every single thing everyone's mentioned so far (besides okra, which I can tolerate, but don't love) is completely yummy! My only two rules for food:
                    1. It has to not move
                    many, many times, i have eaten live scallop that twitches when you squeeze citrus on it. yuzu juice is especially good. sea urchin, still alive, straight from the sea.

                    2. Doesn't too very closely resemble what it looked like when it was walking around

                    no lobster, shrimp, or whole grilled fish? roast birds of any sort? i've eaten tiny roasted woodcocks, where you are served a small cocktail fork with which to scoop out the brains. yum.
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                    Ernest Hemingway

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                      many, many times, i have eaten live scallop that twitches when you squeeze citrus on it. yuzu juice is especially good. sea urchin, still alive, straight from the sea.

                      I can't do that... moving around is too much. Except if I were to eat bugs, I could probably eat them live.


                      no lobster, shrimp, or whole grilled fish? roast birds of any sort? i've eaten tiny roasted woodcocks, where you are served a small cocktail fork with which to scoop out the brains. yum.
                      You know, I guess I didn't count those things, as I eat them all the time. I do get a bit squiked out by whole grilled fish, I mostly just don't want my food looking at me.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SentWest View Post
                        You know, I guess I didn't count those things, as I eat them all the time. I do get a bit squiked out by whole grilled fish, I mostly just don't want my food looking at me.
                        Solution: Eat the eyeballs first.
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X