Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I love raw oysters.
    and sea urchin. if i could afford it, i'd eat those 2 foods every damn day.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
      Calamari...I can't stand the rubbery, chewy texture of that stuff.
      if it's rubbery it's likely crap quality and not cooked right. it should be very tender.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Lychees - they also have an alien sweet taste which I find very disturbing.
        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I love raw oysters.

Just thought I'd gross all you squeamish types out. Hehehe.
          Personally I don't mind the texture of the oyster, it's the taste that gets me...for hours later I am burping sea water...ugh...

And about bananas...it is the ripe ones that make me sick - too soft and blech, too sweet and mushy, they are perfect if they still have a tiny bit of green at the top and bottom, but not too much. And sweet potatoes - I am trying to get used to them, but they are really a bit too sweet, and slimy. I have to eat them drenched in butter and salt to get them down. I would rather eat a regular potato.
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

I cant eat green peppers or tomatoes cooked. I can do onions if they are crunch fried, broccoli only if its cooked. I will gag on any slimy cooked veggie.

Comment

Raw oysters are sublime. That mucous like texture as they slide down your throat and the briny flavour. Almost as good as fermented sea cucumber which is pretty much just a briny slime. For everyday pleasure its rare cooked liver or brains
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

The snotty bits of fat on chicken. You are eating a delicious tasy bit of skin and then...ewww

Comment

I don't know if WWatchers still has physical meetings, but back in the old days, my mom told me that the leaders (or whatever they're called) would bring in a five pound bag of raw chicken fat to show what an accomplishment losing five pounds truly was.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

This is like a "wuss anonymous" thread.
                    Textures that have grossed me out:
                    Raw squid
                    Fried Cicada
                    Silk worms
                    Chicken feet
                    That is all. Can you tell I lived in Asia?
                    Food that doesn't gross me out:
                    Jellyfish
                    Sea Cucumbers
                    gristle in general
                    intestines

If mushrooms, tomatoes, or a little piece of chicken fat weirded me out I'd take a class on real life and how to live it.
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by NowhereMan View Post
                      Nothing creamy ever passes my lips. Put a gun to my head and I still doubt I'd eat mayo, sour cream, or yogurt. The texture of ice cream doesn't bother me though, it's solid enough... and delicious.
                      ditto! i freaking HATE goopy baby food consistency food. It makes me feel a little sick.

however, i luv raw oysters and i am glad that so many other people don't (esp my husband) b/c that means more for me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quarry View Post
                        I just love the food challenges on Survivor. All that gross stuff.
                        Yes! The best. Those balout eggs with half formed chick. There was one season where they played food roulette and had to eat whatever they spun. Of course the vegetarian spun the lambs' brain. Oh, the drama!

Comment

Originally posted by katemary View Post
                          Yes! The best. Those balout eggs with half formed chick. There was one season where they played food roulette and had to eat whatever they spun. Of course the vegetarian spun the lambs' brain. Oh, the drama!
                          I remember that one, she was one of the notorious horrible people, so it was karma! Those eggs are gross, that and soft insects in the challnge make me heave.

Comment

I love raw oysters.

Just thought I'd gross all you squeamish types out. Hehehe.
                            I like the cut of your jib, sailor...
                            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                            ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post

If mushrooms, tomatoes, or a little piece of chicken fat weirded me out I'd take a class on real life and how to live it.

Or you could take a class in shut the hell up.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                                Raw oysters are sublime. That mucous like texture as they slide down your throat and the briny flavour. Almost as good as fermented sea cucumber which is pretty much just a briny slime. For everyday pleasure its rare cooked liver or brains
                                Oh, Peril, you make it sound almost naughty. *fans self*

You and I could have fun in a kitchen together. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X