Waking up to pee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I had an anatomy teacher that said that some people answer the urge too quickly. If this isn't a medical problem, you may be able to "teach" yourself to go a little less often. When you feel the urge, instead of going immediately, hold it just a little longer - not a lot, we're not going for records. If you do this every time, you may be able to desensitize your bladder a little.
    That sounds like bullshit.
    Pee when you feel like it.

Gads, don't try holding toxins in you. The urge to pee is natural - don't fight your body.
    I'll say 1-2 hours before sleep don't put anything in your mouth (only your toothbrush!).
    By the way, drink only water, as coffee&tea makes me pee.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      I had an anatomy teacher that said that some people answer the urge too quickly. If this isn't a medical problem, you may be able to "teach" yourself to go a little less often. When you feel the urge, instead of going immediately, hold it just a little longer - not a lot, we're not going for records. If you do this every time, you may be able to desensitize your bladder a little.
      sounds more like a recipe for getting a uti.

to the op: if you haven't tried the most logical solution, which is eliminating fluid intake for a few hours before sleeping, um, well, why not?
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
        sounds more like a recipe for getting a uti.

to the op: if you haven't tried the most logical solution, which is eliminating fluid intake for a few hours before sleeping, um, well, why not?
        Well it actually wasn't until this morning that I thought "it would actually be nice to sleep 8 hours straight"
        well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
          Well it actually wasn't until this morning that I thought "it would actually be nice to sleep 8 hours straight"
          lol, ok, light dawns on marble-head.

funny, what we come to accept as "normal" for our own selves, huh?
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
            That sounds like bullshit.
            Pee when you feel like it.

Gads, don't try holding toxins in you. The urge to pee is natural - don't fight your body.
            I'll say 1-2 hours before sleep don't put anything in your mouth (only your toothbrush!).
            By the way, drink only water, as coffee&tea makes me pee.
            I know this guy who had appendicitis and when he had surgery the doctors told him his bladder was stretched out a lot. He them told the doctors that he only peed once a day. So it does help, but you're right it sounds very unhealthy
            well then

Comment

I'm physcially disabled and only have access to use the bathroom 2-3x/day, and not overnight, so I'm an expert in urination management. I agree with the others who say to forego drinking liquids at least 3 hours before you go to sleep, and to avoid caffeinated beverages. Urinating soon before bedtime, whether you feel like you need to or not, is also a very good idea.

I've also found that, at least for me, my eating schedule has a big influence. I like to fast, but I find that if I eat my meal earlier than 5-6 pm, and then don't eat again that day, I'm more likely to wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to urinate. So, I try make sure to eat something (it can be a light snack, doesn't have to be a large quantity) within no more than ~2 hours of bedtime -- I've found that food in the stomach (particularly carbier/saltier foods like nuts, seeds, pork rinds, etc.) definitely requires water from the body to process, and "diverts" any excess water in the body to processing these foods, rather than being eliminated via the bladder overnight.

I know that you're a teen & probably don't drink alcohol (at least as a part of your regular lifestyle ), but for general reference, I've noticed that drinking alcohol also messes with the body's processing of fluids, possibly due to changes in insulin or other hormones; if I happen to drink alchol on 2 consecutive nights, and then don't drink on the 3rd night, I'm more likely to have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, even if I "did everything right" otherwise, as far as pre-bedtime minimized water intake & having a snack before bed goes. I hypothesize that this is due to the body readjusting to not having alcohol, & maybe having falling insulin levels, which are definitely correlated with increased urination. So, I try never to drink alcohol on 2 consecutive nights, for this reason.
              Last edited by healthseekerKate; 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Do you have WIFI in the house? Try putting it out at night. Also, if you have electronics in your bedroom (i.e. lamps, an alarm etc.) try to pull out all the plugs for 2/3 nights. Don't put your phone close to the bed.

I always thought the radiation story was bullshit, but for me and my boyfriend (and a lot of other people) it actually really helped... Just try it for 2/3 nights and maybe it can help you to.

Comment

Definitely reduce caffeine intake before bed time. It's a diuretic.

Comment

Gadsie,

You are sufferinng the early stages of BPH Prostate problems. This means your prostate is swelling, and is restricting your urethra with the result of incomplete evacuation. This condition is easily cured by taking iodine supplements. The Prostate requires MORE iodine than the thyroid gland. I cured my own prostate problems by taking iodine with the required supplements.

Complete details here, with doctor reports, testimonials, procedures.
                    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

See the Chapter Prostate. Women suffer from iodine deficiency far more than men do. They suffer swollen, painful breasts, swollen ovaries, fibrous uterus, hormone problems, lack of sex drive, painful cycles, headaches & much more.

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                      Gadsie,

You are sufferinng the early stages of BPH Prostate problems. This means your prostate is swelling, and is restricting your urethra with the result of incomplete evacuation. This condition is easily cured by taking iodine supplements. The Prostate requires MORE iodine than the thyroid gland. I cured my own prostate problems by taking iodine with the required supplements.

Complete details here, with doctor reports, testimonials, procedures.
                      http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

See the Chapter Prostate. Women suffer from iodine deficiency far more than men do. They suffer swollen, painful breasts, swollen ovaries, fibrous uterus, hormone problems, lack of sex drive, painful cycles, headaches & much more.

Grizz
                      Gadsie, please ignore this guy.

Grizz, you are so full of shit. Gadsie is 16 years old. It is incredibly unlikely that he has a prostate issue. Iodine is not the magic cure for every ailment on the planet. It is much more likely that he is simply in the habit of drinking too much water, which (shocker!) leads to overly-frequent urination.

Gadsie, what does the color of your urine look like when you pee? Is it always clear and colorless? If so, you should think about drinking less water (drink only when you're actually thirsty). Not only just before bed, but throughout your day. And also maybe eating some salty food. Your urine should be noticeably yellow if you are not over-hydrated.
                      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

+1 uncephalized.

I was hoping to get to the thread before grizz, but I wasn't in time.
                        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post

Grizz, you are so full of shit. Gadsie is 16 years old. It is incredibly unlikely that he has a prostate issue. Iodine is not the magic cure for every ailment on the planet. It is much more likely that he is simply in the habit of drinking too much water, which (shocker!) leads to overly-frequent urination.

Gadsie, what does the color of your urine look like when you pee? Is it always clear and colorless? If so, you should think about drinking less water (drink only when you're actually thirsty). Not only just before bed, but throughout your day. And also maybe eating some salty food. Your urine should be noticeably yellow if you are not over-hydrated.
                          Thank you. Gadsie, this guy is a cookoo who believes that cavemen built Stonehenge, the government is deliberately poisoning us via airplane emissions, and that Melinda Gates is actively plotting to "depopulate" the world. Not a good source of info.
                          Last edited by Paleobird; 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post

Hm yeah my urine is usually pretty much like water. And I often sip on water when I'm bored, so I will just drink when I'm thirsty, though I hardly ever am, probably because I'm drinking quite a lot and eat "a lot" of fruit. Just a CW habit
                            well then

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              Thank you. Gadsie, this guy is a cookoo who believes that cavemen built Stonehenge, the government is deliberately poisoning us via airplane emissions, and that Melinda Gates is actively plotting to "depopulate" the world. Not a good source of info.
                              Omg, is the illuminati coming?
                              But no, I wasn't assuming that I have a swolen prostate because I'm peeing, or should I say urinating, a lot my entire life (:
                              well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                                But no, I wasn't assuming that I have a swolen prostate because I'm peeing, or should I say urinating, a lot my entire life (:
                                How about "micturating"? LOL

micturating - definition of micturating by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'd guess your circadian rhythms are off, if you're waking up to do it.

Why you do it too much in general, though ...

I guess it's possible that your very high protein intake is a factor. You were going to take protein powder to Ireland, on the assumption that there isn't enough protein in that island, weren't you? Reminds me of the old Dean Martin joke: they said, "Drink Canada Dry," to him, so he went there and tried do it. (Pardon me for pulling your leg, but you don't seem to mind a joke, so I thought I would.)

I could imagine that your kidneys would need to eliminate quite a lot of waste nitrogenous material, and maybe that would make you go more often.

But that wouldn't explain why you have a life-long propensity.

You could try cutting to back to something more like 100 to 120 grammes of protein per day, which is ample and still likely more than you need, and make that from real food sources (i.e. not powders), and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X