Hahaha, funny story:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha, funny story:

So I just got a visit from one of those door to door sales man. First thing he say, "Hi is your mother or wife here." LOL! First off I'm 22 and haven't lived with my mom in a long time. secondly, I'm 22; way too young to be married. Anyways, he was selling cooking supplies. He looked at me like I was a blasphemous scoundrel when I told him that I cook for myself. So what, a guy can't cook for himself these days? It's very sad that these thoughts are still thought these days. I've been cooking since I was 8, and would rather cook a meal for a lady than have her cook for me any day.

Over the years I have learned that not a lot of guys cook (though it gets better as you get older), but if a guy DOES cook, odds are really good that it's going to taste amazing.
    Durp.

Comment

I was thinking of going to culinary school in high school. Owning my own restaurant is my back up plan if I can't become a teacher.

Comment

i'm the cook in my house, but with most of my friends it's usually the girl. the guys will make one or two things really well, and work the grill. it's not the best assumption to ask for the lady of the house, but it's a common one.
        also, if most couples/families are like mine, my wife would love to fill our kitchen with all kinds of supplies...just give me a good set of knives. and a lot of other guys i know wouldn't bite at whatever a cooking supplies salesman is selling.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kylex286 View Post
          I was thinking of going to culinary school in high school. Owning my own restaurant is my back up plan if I can't become a teacher.
          what do you want to teach? you could always do culinary...even on the side.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
            i'm the cook in my house, but with most of my friends it's usually the girl. the guys will make one or two things really well, and work the grill. it's not the best assumption to ask for the lady of the house, but it's a common one.
            also, if most couples/families are like mine, my wife would love to fill our kitchen with all kinds of supplies...just give me a good set of knives. and a lot of other guys i know wouldn't bite at whatever a cooking supplies salesman is selling.
            I'm the same. Give me a decent kitchen, some frying pans a full spice rack and 20$ I can make anything. The food taste no different if it's cook on 500$ of stainless steal. Hell when I was bbqing last time I was at the beach I used a stick to flip the burgers because I forgot to bring utensils.

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
              what do you want to teach? you could always do culinary...even on the side.
              I want to teach English in Japan. My major is Japanese so I'd like to move over there and become a teacher. I was thinking about looking into culinary school. I've been pondering the idea of a "Primal" restaurant.

Comment

I want to teach English in Japan. My major is Japanese so I'd like to move over there and become a teacher. I was thinking about looking into culinary school. I've been pondering the idea of a "Primal" restaurant.
                Cool. Where in California do you live?

Comment

that is really funny. how many braincells does it take to think up "May I speak with the culinary expert of the house?" when a telemarketer calls, it's always "may i speak with your mom or dad?" dude, i'm 27.
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I'm the primary cook in my house too. My wife tells me all the time what a good cook I am. Of course I don't believe her, I mean, she also tells me she loves me just the way I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Cool. Where in California do you live?
                      Monterey, but I'm originally from South Lake Tahoe. I moved to Monterey for college.

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                        that is really funny. how many braincells does it take to think up "May I speak with the culinary expert of the house?" when a telemarketer calls, it's always "may i speak with your mom or dad?" dude, i'm 27.
                        Right? Seriously, I just looked at him and told him I was the cook in my house. He basically acted like I couldn't make a decision on kitchen supplies and ran away. It was very amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
                          I'm the primary cook in my house too. My wife tells me all the time what a good cook I am. Of course I don't believe her, I mean, she also tells me she loves me just the way I am.
                          I'm always told that I'm a good cook. I usually just say, "well I have been cooking for 14 years" but truthfully, I know I'm nowhere close to being an expert. I just have a knack for cooking and love doing it.

Comment

I'm always told that I'm a good cook. I usually just say, "well I have been cooking for 14 years" but truthfully, I know I'm nowhere close to being an expert. I just have a knack for cooking and love doing it.
                            I'm actually very new to cooking, just started last year, but I'm finding out that i really enjoy it. I hope to get really good at it. I really enjoy experimenting with a new recipe that's outta my league, and actually pulling it off.

Comment

Monterey, but I'm originally from South Lake Tahoe. I moved to Monterey for college.
                              I grew up in Monterey. As a former chef ( I cooked professionally for close to 20 yrs) I would advise you not to waste your money on culinary school. Just go get a job in restaurant; prep, dishwasher anything but waiting tables, then you can see if you like it. If you get a good chef you will learn a lot and get a little paycheck rather than get in debt. If you are enthusiastic and a hard worker any chef will try you out.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                              X