No announcement yet.

Things you are glad to not eat anymore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you are glad to not eat anymore.

I was thinking after someone mentioned Soy Joy that there are so many "healthy" foods that I am glad I don't have to eat anymore:
    • Oatmeal. I used to always want to learn to like oatmeal because it was "healthy". It always reminded me of vomit.
    • Rice. I hate rice, especially brown rice.
    • Whole grain bread. Like eating a coaster.
    • Soy meats- they were never actually good and always seemed.... sticky. The bacon was the worst- like salted styrofoam and hard to cook.
    • Juice. I hate juice for some reason.
    • Fat free and low fat anything. I always felt like, "this would be good with some butter or cream" when I ate fat free or low fat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Egg-white only omelettes. Tofu. Fat-free sour cream. Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter. Dry, skinless chicken breasts.

Comment

Turkey bacon! Ugh.
      My Writing Blog
      My Twitter

Comment

vegetarian 'meats'! gardein, in particular; convincing yourself you don't notice the funky aftertaste.

egg beaters.

Comment

Boca burgers. blech!
          My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

OMG, egg beaters are so expensive too.

But yeah- eating a cardboard burger while everyone else has a juicy hamburger sucks. "Oh, I prefer the veggie burger,,, less greasy,,,". Such a lie, LOL

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Margarine.

I ate it for years! Even my mom and sister had moved on to butter (and they are not primal) but, I held on to it. Yuck.

Comment

Since going Primal, Pizza, Hear me out...

about 3 months into primal we (my wife and I both primal) decided to have some pizza, to fall off the wagon for jus the night, from our favorite local pizza joint, ordered it and I picked it up. We shared the whole thing, and afterwards we both felt like death incarnate, it was terrible. We have vowed to never do that to ourselves again. If were going to go for our 20%, its going to be chinese food, and even that we won't fall too far off as our local buffet has prime rib and sashimi that we can load up on and pick at lo-mein/rice/maybe geneal gau's.

Comment

Bread. Although I liked the stuff I put on there like butter with chocolate sprinkles or peanut butter

But reading all this stuff about low fat everything makes me realize how hard it was for some of you. Low fat stuff like low fat yogurt? Egg white omelettes? Wow.
                  I always ate high fat everything PLUS the sugar and wheat. Now I don't eat the sugar and wheat but eat more meat and fruit and cheese
                  Last edited by Gadsie; 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM.
                  well then

Comment

oh another one, Whole Wheat bread.

I've never liked the stuff but, ate it for almost 20yrs. I grew up on white and, well, since whole wheat is better for you switched some years back. I used to choke down my sandwiches every time I used whole wheat. Gag.

Comment

Agreed on phony burgers, whole grain breads, turkey bacon and skinless chicken. Also, soy/almond/rice milk. I really don't miss big boring plates of pasta and, even though I indulge occassionally, I don't miss pizza as much as I thought I would.

Comment

I usually make things fit my trip. Things like rice, beans, salt, oils, butter, margarine are things that I ate in very limited amounts, so cutting them out almost completely was pretty easy.

Chickpeas will be tough. I like a good hummus. And I kind of like tofu, though I usually made it into a dip.

Oh, I know. Corn chips. I realize corn isn't a forbidden food, but I'm never eating corn produced in the U.S. ever again. I guess I can eat spinach dip off my finger.

Bread is tough. I'm a sandwich lover. But really, a burger with tomato and jalapenos without the bread isn't bad. By next month, I'll probably be wondering why I ever masked the flavors with bread.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Pringles, omg.

I had a terrible, terrible addiction to them and didn't even really like the taste by the end; I would eat them and feel ill, but somehow couldn't stop myself. I was happy to say goodbye to the whole chip lifestyle; now I eat my guac with a spoon.

But if we're talking about things that were supposed to be "good for you" that we ate/drank religiously? Diet soda, I am SO glad to see the back of you. That stuff was so disgusting. *shudder*

Comment

Tofu, turkey bacon, whole grain anything - worst of all was the rice pilaf my mom fed me several times per week growing up. Never could make myself eat low fat cheese or dairy. I always have gravitated towards fatty meats, fruits and vegetables. Don't miss vegetable oils either - I never used them at home but it's hard to avoid when you're out. Oh, and don't miss eating crappy cardboard birthday "cake" at office functions.

Comment

it's hard to say really. I've always been a picky eater and really only ate things I liked, not anything that I thought was healthy and therefore choked down. I mostly enjoyed everything I used to eat. If I were to eat a lot of those foods now, however, after months [and in some cases, years] of not consuming them and favouring real, whole, delicious foods instead, I suspect I'd find them revolting, particularly soy "milk"
                              it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Comment

Working...
                              X