No announcement yet.

Things you are glad to not eat anymore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad I dont eat pasta anymore, I never really liked it to begin with. I just ate it because that is "normal" I dont miss the feeling of being bloated after eating a huge dinner anymore and not being able to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      So funny- my husband now wants REAL bacon.... he ate it the real once and the veggie bacon went into the trash.
      Ron Swanson on Vegan Bacon.mov - YouTube

Comment

Nothing. I never ate what I didn't want to eat. Never had fake tofu anything.

Comment

Cereal and milk.
          A "meal" that leaves you with NOTHING.
          Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

rice cakes
            Becel margarine
            low fat dairy products
            low fat processed cheese slices (which I ate for about a month once trying to lose weight)
            snackwell cookies
            fig newtons
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Cooked, mashed potatoes with watery gravy on them. I used to eat this almost every night as a child and hated it so much that I'd try to smuggle away and spit out the stuff in the bathroom every time I could. It was also the stuff we used to mash up any kind of vegetables with - the fastest and surest way to get your kid to dislike veggies if you'd ask me.

Also in Holland there's this famous chocolate bar for kids, called 'cow bar'. The stuff our grannies used to carry in their purses. It consists of a mysterious ingredient they hilariously call ' fantasy of cocoa ' and has nothing to do with cocoa or even with any kind of fantasy other then very fucked up nasty fantasy. And of course loads of sugar in it to cover up the lack of any other taste.

Comment

snackwell cookies
                LOL, I remember Snackwells. They had the same calories as Oreos, but didn't taste as good.

100 Calorie Packs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Speaking of cookies -- Girl Scout Cookies.

Comment

Another vote for skinless chicken boobs and tofu-anything. And I certainly don't miss the heart-breaking moment I'd pour those yummy egg yolks into the dog's dish, or worse, the trash!
                    I'm really not missing protein bars, those Pure Protein ones were unbelievably bad. I used to have some moronic belief that my muscles would bloat into lumpy sacks of fat if I didn't feed them protein every 3 hours. (bad sophie!)
                    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                      I'm really not missing protein bars
                      I kind of miss ThinkThin bars, tbh. 20g of protein, glycerin and sugar alcohol sweetener, and the ingredients aren't honestly that bad (I've seen worse, anyway). And they were actually pretty tasty. I used to eat them back when I was super depressed and had zero appetite because they were small and calorie-dense and "good for you".

I've been thinking about using them as a sweet cheat, but I dunno if I really will.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

- Egg products instead of real eggs

- Oatmeal and other "healthy" cereals

- Dry-ass chicken breasts

- Low-fat anything

- Flavorless canola oil and similar frankenoil products

- Takeout pizza, not because I don't like it, but I don't miss the "gross" feeling after eating half of one in one sitting.

- Milk chocolate, it tastes gross to me now in comparison to dark

- Processed pasta products (e.g. ramen noodles, hamburger helper)

- Canned soup (I prefer homemade soups & stews now)
                        [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRdnWCd/]

Comment

Anything produced by Weight Watchers. It all tasted vaguely of sweetened cardboard and just made me crave real sugar. Tofu/Veggie burgers. Anything low-fat. Margarine, spray margarine - seriously I cannot believe I went there - Sugar-free things (like candy/mints with the "May cause anal leakage" warnings on the back - that should have been my first clue.) and those low-fat potato chips with Olestra in them (same warning as the sugar free stuff)

My go to snack when my Mom and I did WW years ago was a caramel rice cake with a thin layer of Peanut Butter and a drizzle of sugar free Hershey's Syrup. If I never eat that again as long as I live it'll be too soon.

So glad all of that is behind me!
                          Last edited by meghanwaslike; 07-18-2012, 11:11 AM.
                          F/28/5'10"
                          GW: No clue since I have never been thin. I'm "big boned" frame-wise so I'm shooting for 170-ish, but I'll see when I get there, I guess.
                          CW: 268
                          SW: 316

As of 7/17/12 Down 48 pounds!

Comment

• those 'slimfast' shakes and meal-replacement powders that taste like ass in a glass
                            • skim milk & powdered non-fat milk...see above
                            • "Miracle Whip" and anything that came into contact with it (Oscar Mayer, I'm talking to YOU)
                            • twinkies, hohos, and anything filled with that white trans-fat 'foo' whose half-life is on par with styrofoam and cobalt-60
                            • "baked" tortilla chips, potato chips, etc. Served with molten nonfat Velveeta at Primal cheat parties in the third circle of Hell.
                            • fake non-fat salad dressings with that awful syrupy glycerine consistency...I keep a gallon in my trunk for catastrophic radiator leaks
                            • tofu & "textured vegetable protein" -- never again will still be too soon
                            • overpriced condiments stuffed with hfcs and chemicals that taste like runoff from a Superfund site
                            • fat-free "fruit-at-the-bottom" yogurt with that weird chalky layer overlying a rubbery mass of ex-strawberries embalmed in corn syrup
                            • jar salsa & picante from the Midwest, which is inexplicably adulterated with cornstarch(!)
                            • The jif, wonderbread and grape ooze sandwiches that were always next up after morning Wheaties for little champions with choosy moms.
                            • iron filings and used motor oil
                            6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                            ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by labmonkey View Post
                              Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.
                              Ok I do like to saute chicken breast cut up in bite size pieces in coconut oil til brown and put on top of my salad.

Comment

Happy that I'm no longer eating any kind of fake processed food especially anything low fat. Also brown rice. Now if I splurge on a little rice it's white.

Comment

Working...
                                X