Things you are glad to not eat anymore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TamiO View Post
    And chicken breast. What fun is a dry, bland-tasting piece of meat? Unless it is chopped up and mixed with mayo and celery and walnuts and grapes, there is no reason to ever eat this. Not even the best cooks I know (and my DH has a culinary degree) can make chicken breast tasty. Yes, the sauce you might smother it in is awesome, but the meat itself is not worth the time I spend chewing it. Give me dark meat EVERY time.
    Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.

Comment

Gravyboat - that list is messed up. lol "Carrots in moderation"...Oooh-kay.

Comment

Originally posted by labmonkey View Post
        Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.
        I cut slits in them, stuff with cheese, put tomato slices on top and drizzle with olive oil, which is actually quite good and all the fat keeps them from being dry, but otherwise, yes. Even as a kid on Thanksgiving when everyone wanted white meat I always asked for dark. Breast meat is only good for soaking up gravy.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I'm so happy that I don't have to stress about how in the heck to fit yogurt into my day. I didn't even like it but all women eat fat free yogurt so I felt like I had to keep buying it. And skim milk. I felt so guilty that milk made me sick and I'd chug it to get it out of the way and feel just awful.

Cereal for breakfast. Or any breakfast at all. I ate shredded wheat for years and hated every minute of it. Now I like not having breakfast most of the time and not having this guilty feeling that only overweight people skip breakfast or whatever the stupid Yahoo article of the week was back then.

BEANS!!!! Worst food ever. Yet I tried for years to pretend I liked them. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

Comment

Re: chicken breasts, I don't buy packages of them, but I roast whole chickens a lot for soup. I find that shoving an onion in the cavity and roasting them breast-side-down in a pool of butter helps a little. I used to baste every 20 minutes, but now I don't. I find that if you cook them at 350 for like an hour and a half and then raise to 450ish for the last 15 minutes or so, you can get really crispy skin. Anyway, when it's fully cooked, I pull all the chicken meat off the bones and sautee the meat in the butter it roasted in.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Fat free half and half. Corn oil. Any bread that is not utterly fresh, hot, and smothered in great butter.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Turkey/chicken bacon, egg beaters.

On more than one occasion when using egg beaters, the omelette (with aforementioned turkey bacon slices) I was making turned out to have the consistency of sponge. It was really disgusting.

Frying everything in olive oil. How fucking boring! I don't even use it anymore!
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

This...

Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                  Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                    Frying everything in olive oil. How fucking boring! I don't even use it anymore!
                    Ugh, I'm with you. I can't stand olive oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                      Ugh, I'm with you. I can't stand olive oil.
                      can it be true...another person in the world despises olive oil!?! I thought I was the only one!!

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                        can it be true...another person in the world despises olive oil!?! I thought I was the only one!!
                        Omg. I kept seeing people drizzle it on their salads, so I tried it once.

PUKE
                        PUKE
                        BARF

It just always tastes bitter and rancid to me. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                          Omg. I kept seeing people drizzle it on their salads, so I tried it once.

PUKE
                          PUKE
                          BARF

It just always tastes bitter and rancid to me. Always.
                          SAMESIES! Everyone always talks about how delicious it is, they rub it on their skin, dump it on their salads--everything! i can't stand the smell, you nailed it--it's bitter and rancid. Yuck!

Comment

Freaking pizza and subway. I used to live off them during my first few years in college. Le's see, Pasta I've gotten over. I used to crave pasta like nothing else. French fries, canned veggies that taste nasty so basically all canned veggie.

Milk is an exception for me, I used to drink tons of milk as a kid; I'm still trying to find a place that sells whole fat, unpasteurized milk where I live but the hunt is not going very well. I loved white rice as a kid and used to depend on it as a staple for my diet throughout high school. I guess I'm glad to say that I don't "need" to have rice any more.

Frozen foods. I love preparing my own foods, I always hated having that crap in my house growing up.

Oh and juice, I'm glad to not be addicted to juice any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylex286 View Post
                              Freaking pizza and subway.
                              feel you on the Subway! I was literally addicted to the veggie delight sandwich as a veghead. I was getting the "healthy 9 grain" wheat bread every time--I loved it so much and ate there almost every day as it was right by my work. Then I found out it has HFCS in it. YIKES! no wonder I loved it so much

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                                feel you on the Subway! I was literally addicted to the veggie delight sandwich as a veghead. I was getting the "healthy 9 grain" wheat bread every time--I loved it so much and ate there almost every day as it was right by my work. Then I found out it has HFCS in it. YIKES! no wonder I loved it so much
                                I was getting their stake and cheese almost every day, I got it on flat bread too, on top of that I was working at a pizza place closing every night... It was all bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X