Book: Primal Body - Primal Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@p-d-l

I was already doing cod liver oil after reading "Eat Fat, Lose Fat," (which also induced me to start making my own chicken and fish stocks). I did start supplementing Evening Primrose Oil for the GLA on the recommendation of PB/PM. And I am really trying to avoid MSG. I grew up on the stuff--we always had a little bottle of Ajinomoto ("Aji") on the shelf and a family cookbook put out by some of my relatives lists "Aji" in almost every savory recipe. Somehow, despite the "Aji" and high rice consumption, my relatives on both sides almost all make it to their 90s, living independently, with all their marbles intact. This is the driving force for me to make sure I take even better care of myself.

Comment

[quote]

<<<Sure, you&#39;ll cut (out) the carbs, but they&#39;ll pry those coffee mugs out of your cold, dead primal hands.>>>

Guilty as charged. <grin> </blockquote>

Guilty here too! Although I *have* managed to cut back my coffee to less than one a day, and I stay away from my old "morning" habit -- I get waaaay too dependent on it; on days when I do have some (sometimes as a latte, others as espresso) I try to have it sometime in the afternoon, usually after a nice primal lunch.

Black teas don&#39;t agree with me unless they&#39;re mixed with some cardamom or milk (home brewed chai, etc.), so, aside from water, my main beverages for quite some time have been green or white teas.

Comment

I do have 1-3 coffees a day, and I&#39;m way more dependent on it than I should be. I don&#39;t know if it is something I&#39;d be willing to give up at the moment, though.

Comment

PB is certainly the most easily digested; PB/PM is more challenging and GC/BC could make a Biochemist groan (at least it did for this one--remembering all those metabolic pathways that I&#39;d been too happy to forget once finals were over).

Okay, I still occasionally indulge in Earl Gray with coconut milk (you should try that, schadowrider).

Comment

OH no, not me, I&#39;m off the caffeine! But good point!

Sisson got me napping, resting, playing, eating proper, lifting/sprinting hard once in a while, zeroing out chronic cardio, getting sunshine etc.

Gedgaudas&#39; work has me using protein restriction, calorie restriction just a bit, and more hours of fasted state living. Just tweaks. Plus krill/fish oil for omega 3, and Vitamin D3 when not in the sunshine. &#39;Course I buy that stuff from Sisson!

The caffeine, grains, sugars/sweeteners, legumes, starchy veggies, modern crazy fruit, vegetable/seed/industrial oils all were banished before Mark printed PB, but on information gleaned from his website. I&#39;d still say, if it were a competition, that Sisson&#39;s blog and book has more information, readily useable by more people.

Comment

[quote]

Okay, I still occasionally indulge in Earl Gray with coconut milk (you should try that, schadowrider). </blockquote>

Sounds interesting -- will have to try that; thanks! At someone&#39;s suggestion on another thread, I have had tried (and love) mixing the coconut milk with my homemade yogurt (half cup of coconut milk to a quarter cup of yogurt; with a tablespoon of Primal Trail Mix) -- will have to try the tea idea.

Comment

I SO agree about one issue with PBPM being "letting perfect become the enemy of good"!

That&#39;s why reading PB was so good for me- it let me ease up bit and made it all seem easier! I&#39;ll admit I was a little TOO obsessed with glycation for awhile, LOL! Now I just feel positive about all of it:-)

http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X