Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronically weak joints - what can help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    In the intro to Convict Conditioning there's a bit about the, small, seemingly insignificant movements being crucial to strengthening tendons and ligaments. I don't have it handy but it might be worth a read. It made sense to me ...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by mpieciak18 View Post
      How so? Generally, or for issues you have?

      I a bit energized during my longer fasts, and once the afternoon arrives, food is no longer on my mind.
      It agrees with me logistically to eat between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm.

      Comment


      • #18
        I see you mentioned shitty technique several times. Maybe you need to do the things you do with better technique. Maybe you should make soup with chicken feet for chicken soup and with beef soup bones with an added pig's foot for beef broth.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Roary View Post
          In the intro to Convict Conditioning there's a bit about the, small, seemingly insignificant movements being crucial to strengthening tendons and ligaments. I don't have it handy but it might be worth a read. It made sense to me ...
          By Dan John? Care to share, or should I seek out a copy? I personally loved Pavel's Power to the People. It opened my eyes regarding training methods.

          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          It agrees with me logistically to eat between 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
          Ahhh, alrighty. Yes, it's nice to not make your schedule revolve around your meals.

          Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I see you mentioned shitty technique several times. Maybe you need to do the things you do with better technique. Maybe you should make soup with chicken feet for chicken soup and with beef soup bones with an added pig's foot for beef broth.
          That was back in the day, when I was young and dumb, coached by others who were seemingly more dumb. I'm a technique freak now. I video-record myself along with other things to try and get things right. And I have the occasional broth, but I have a daily cup of tea with added gelatin, so I'm hoping that suffices.
          Last edited by mpieciak18; 03-03-2013, 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi Mpieciak18! I'm afraid I hae little knowledge of physical training. I'm only starting myself. I did Mark's core exercises yesterday, they seemed so simple and easy. Today I'm sore in strange and unusual places.

            About the arthritis you mentioned, I have had some success with that. Before I started I had constant pain in my right hip from arthritis. Very soon after starting PB I learned about nightshades - don't eat them, they contribute to arthritis. So I didn't. And in about 1 week there was no more pain at all, in any joint. And sprinkle Tumeric on everything. To me it's tastless with a small bite afterwards. Mobility has not improved much, but being pain free is wonderful.

            There are lots of members os the nightshade family but the ones I used to eat and don't now are
            potatoes, white;
            tomatoes;
            peppers, all kinds including spices;
            cucumbers;
            eggplant.
            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

            Comment

            Working...
            X