No announcement yet.

"Feed a cold, starve a fever"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure, but I think once you feel bad, the cold is going to run its course. So, you might as well stay hammered. Anything 80 proof or higher should do it, and some liquor stores deliver. If you're lucky enough to live in one of those states where hard alcohol is sold at places like Rite Aid, and they deliver, ask them to bring some Vicks Vapo Rub with the alcohol.

1. apply fuzzy slippers to feet
    2. wrap body in snuggy clothes or jammies
    3. thank the nice delivery person when s/he comes
    4. rub Vicks on chest
    5. put straw in alcohol
    6. turn lights low
    7. watch bad movies so you can fall asleep
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Thank you everyone

My dripping nose is as raw as my throat now, but I appreciate the well wishes and good ideas.

I especially like the recurrent theme of alcohol!

Comment

This has always worked for me, actually. I don't often get fevers but when I do, I generally don't want to eat. Colds and other minor calamities make me RAVENOUS!
        Once I made some lentil/smoked pork/veggie stew and scooped it over sweet potatoes. I felt like I got better a lot faster and I ate a crap tone. Like a big dish every couple hours. Its now my go-to sick food.
        January 14th-306.2
        January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
        January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
        No, I'll fall.
        Come to the edge.
        No, it's too high.
        Come to the edge.
        I came
        She pushed
        And I flew

Comment