Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Oh god, I forgot about faire foods. The state, ren, or local fair is one place I'll eat just about anything and damn the consequence (and every year I go home and embrace the hydrocodone.) The worst offender was the state fair before I left Dallas: funnel cake, fried oreos, fried beer, chili in a bread bowl, fried milky way, fried something-my-dad-bought, and enough dr. peppers to kill a pony.
    I also forgot about some of my childhood treats.
    Biscuits and Goop: canned biscuits dipped in a mixture of "maple" syrup and peanut butter.
    Christmas breakfast the year I was 12: chocolate pancakes with candy canes mashed into the batter, drenched in chocolate syrup and cool whip, served with chocolate milk, chocolate chip awfuls, and chocolate dipped bacon. I loved it, but I chowed down on much healthier fare for the rest of the day because the idea of more sugar made me nauseous.
    A concoction I used to make and down before my folks noticed: parmesan cheese sawdust and chocolate syrup, swirled and licked out of my hand.
    I'm also sure I ate crayons and god only knows what all else when I was a toddler. According to mom, my favorite food wasn't food.
    For some reason you just made me really hungry...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Mr Freeze Ice Pops (Aka flavoured frozen water). The raspberry flavour was blue!!!

Cheese sandwich (on white bread), microwaved.

Sugar flavoured microwave pop corn.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I used to eat a particular brand of frozen chicken pot pie for dinner probably 3 times a week. Here's the nutrition breakdown:

Calories: 2078
        Fat: 26g
        Carbs: 170g
        Protein: 57g

I'd eat that JUST FOR DINNER. And I'd wash it down with full-sugar sodas. Yeah, no wonder I gained 40lbs in 2 years. Hindsight: 20/20.

Also, for my birthday last year, I single-handedly ate two whole 9" ice cream cakes within about 2 weeks. One was Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, one was Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk. These were the most decadent cakes I've ever eaten in my life, and I am actually really, really bummed out I can't get another one this year (because I'd keel over dead).

I also gained about 15lbs last december just from baking sheet after sheet of cookies. I found the best cookie recipe IN THE WORLD (which I am not sharing because I am not a sadist... much) and seriously I just could not stop eating them. SO GOOD. At this point, though, I'm glad I did it, because that gain was the impetus for starting Primal.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

I used to really like the cheese dipped in corn dog batter and fried on a stick at that place in the shopping malls where the girls had to jump up and down on pogo sticks to make the lemonade.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Cheese sandwich (on white bread), microwaved. Sugar flavoured microwave pop corn.
            Switch the microwaved cheese sandwhich w/ fried bolony and cheese. Anyone else top their toast w/ sugar and cinnamon as kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
              Anyone else top their toast w/ sugar and cinnamon as kids?
              Me me me me me!!

And then Mom would cut it into strips and stand it up in a big bowl of Quaker Oats with another thick layer of cinnamon sugar covering Parkay margarine lakes. The top of my oatmeal looked like something out of a Thousand Islands travel brochure.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Now that you bring it up, I haven't been there in years. I think I was 11 y/o and only really remember looking for the topless statue.

You used to live in Ithaca, so I assume you've been to Rochester. If that's the case, you'd probably have had one of these bad boys-

Comment

I'm very lucky I never liked batter, so never had potato scallops (slices of potato dipped in batter and deep fried. vomit!) and what we call dagwood dogs (the hot dog dipped in batter and fried. double vomit!) I also never liked chip boodies (crisps in bread). But I did love tomato sauce (ketchup) sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
                    Now that you bring it up, I haven't been there in years. I think I was 11 y/o and only really remember looking for the topless statue.

You used to live in Ithaca, so I assume you've been to Rochester. If that's the case, you'd probably have had one of these bad boys-

What the hell is that?

Edit: nevermind, I see it says "garbage plate" and I think thats about right. Gross.

Comment

SoyJoy bars

Comment

Soy milk on Grape Nuts (damn tasty) with Nutri Sweet
                        Half a package of Oreos
                        A whole tube of Pringles
                        All you can eat pancakes at a pancake house
                        And the list went on and on
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NicoleP View Post
                          What the hell is that?

Edit: nevermind, I see it says "garbage plate" and I think thats about right. Gross.
                          Well, the last time I had one was about a month after going primal, and they were damn delicous then. Not sure how the mac. salad and homefries would be now.

So, I guess my answer's changed. The least primal thing I've eaten before and after going primal might well be one of those.

Comment

I used to put brown sugar, white sugar, and Crisco in a bowl and mash it up until I had little sugar-coated Crisco balls about the size of grains of rice, then eat it. (It's the beginning stages of Toll House cookies.)

Comment

Paleo bread.
                              Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

Originally posted by NicoleP View Post
                                What the hell is that?

i was agonna guess "vomit plate." ew. i feel queasy just looking at it.

as a kid we used to get this stuff called "goobers" which was peanut butter and jelly, striped, in a jar. also cracker jacks.
                                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                                X