Guys, do ketones disable your penis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, do ketones disable your penis?

They sure do mine. I know the VLC crowd gets indignant at any discussion of loss of libido with ketogenic eating, but I'm interested in getting on the record exactly how many of us simply can't perform (well) without starch.

Unless it's just me, in which case I'm going to go commit suicide for being a failure of a man.

My sexual drive is pretty crap, non-existant actually. I possibly could function if i had an oppertunity, but i haven't really been giving it a thought as i'm usually too preoccupied. But it's definitley bothering/worrying me. I will occasionally have weird wet dreams which are sometimes not even arrousing. Probably my body just eliminating excess build up of seamen

Comment

I don't have a penis but take a look at the comments by the guys on this thread.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22903.html

Doesn't seem like low libido is a problem there.

But there could be a lot of other reasons for your condition. You may have a deficiency in some vitamin or mineral or an overabundance of something, or some other health condition. Seeing a doctor is the only real way to find out.

Comment

I personally have ZERO libido when I don't eat hardly any fruit and starch. It actually felt really weird seeing natalie portman naked and having no response to it at all.

Comment

I've been Primal for a bit over a year and a half, and if I'd have noticed anything wrong with my dick I'd have stopped long ago.

You should get yourself checked out, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
            I personally have ZERO libido when I don't eat hardly any fruit and starch. It actually felt really weird seeing natalie portman naked and having no response to it at all.
            This is just sad. Eat a sweet potato. Hell, eat two. *shudders in sympathy for you*

Comment

Ask my wife... and that girl we've been dating. (In short: no.)
              Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
              Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
              Current weight: 210.8 lbs
              Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
              ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                This is just sad. Eat a sweet potato. Hell, eat two. *shudders in sympathy for you*
                I do eat carbs now and my libido has returned to normal. I was reminiscing on my VLC days.
                To be honest I wouldn't really care if I did lose my libido again but it's clearly a sign something isn't right so I wouldn't want to stay that way.

Comment

It makes sense. Have kids in times of plenty, don't have them in times of scarcity. Plus having sex when carbs are plentiful would result in kids being born in the spring to summer months, giving them the best chance for survival.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Been dealing with this for quite a while now. I've been primal for about a year and a half and at this point I have zero sex drive. 32 years old and in the best shape of my life yet I have no urge to sexually do anything with it. Weird. Doesn't really matter though because there are far more important things in life now than letting hot women interfere with my intellectual thinking. I figure if anything, this is telling me something. It's telling me to look for a relationship instead of the hottest piece I can find. It would be nice to know what caused this though. For piece of mind

Comment

Meh, loss of boners is a small price to pay when you resist the evil that is carbohydrate, am I right?
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

My libido has INCREASED if anything. Probably has to do with all of those wonderful, testosterone-producing saturated fats I have been scarfing down as of late.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          My libido has INCREASED if anything. Probably has to do with all of those wonderful, testosterone-producing saturated fats I have been scarfing down as of late.
                          Drumroll, I have to agree with you, eating lots of meat, eggs & fermented dairy ought to fuel the procreative fires. No loss of sex drive for me. Unless I consider approaching being 47 soon, in 9 more days, instead of my studly version of me at ages of 37 or 27 .

Daily salads &/or steamed veggies. I do enjoy fruit especially this time of the year, & on again off again w/ smoothies w/ 1/2 banana, coco milk, cocoa powder, + the occasional sweet potato. So I'm moderate on carbs, not low carb at all.
                          "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                          "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                          "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

My sex drive has been pretty flat for years, no matter whether I've been high or low carb, primal or otherwise,
                            but then so has my energy levels in general.

The bonus that I have noticed, on an energy levels front, is that I don't have the dizzy spells and crashes if I don't eat for a few hours when I used to get weak from hunger (pre-primal).

But, I certainly haven't seen a return to the boundless energy reserves or sex-drive that I used to have as a teen.
                            I've always put it down to just being stressed from work etc..

However, I have noticed an increase libido recently since I've been supplementing with 30mg of zinc and some magnesium before going to bed. The old morning glory is certainly more frequent again

I'm planning on having a full medical in the next couple of months and was thinking of asking for my testosterone levels to be tested, not sure what else could be causing it...
                            Last edited by Misabi; 07-13-2012, 03:46 AM.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Do ketones disable your penis?
                              Funny question. But I'd certainly not advise soaking it in them and then playing with matches.

At temperatures greater than acetone's flash point of −20 C air mixtures of between 2.5% and 12.8% acetone, by volume, may explode or cause a flash fire.
                              Acetone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                              X