Gimme play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme play

I need some ideas for playing. DH and I are 35ish, two preschoolers. Kids get plenty pf play, but we're missing out. We don't go out much as we don't have a sitter, so stuff you can do at home would be good. Not, obviously board games.

A few weeks ago a friend had us over for a chocolate tasting. We had cards to check off criteria and I thought it'd be super nerdy, but it ended up being very fun.

Anything? I want to be silly with DH and go for a few minutes somewhere completely different than house, kids, the usual baggage....

Badminton or croquet?
    We have a dart board hung on a shed and have fun playing darts outside. Not too active, but still fun. We also play horseshoes sometimes.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

I recommend climbing trees if you have any good ones

Comment

Croquet and dart are fun. Must organize a dart board!

No trees, but a lake. Swimming just reminds us of all the yard projects we have to take care of....oh yes, and getting that dock...yikes.

Comment

I'm taking my 15 year old to TREEGO today! It's sorta like climbing trees with ziplines in between. The course takes about 3 hours to complete and is quite challenging in places. The other thing that we have around here that is outdour/play is Paintball. I've never tried it but I'm tempted... roaming around in the woods like Grok hunting down your "enemy" sounds pretty fun and primal to me!
          sigpic
          Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
          ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Have a pillow fight. Or, outdoors, a water balloon fight. Play tag, or horseshoes (or a similar type game with bean bags if the kids are around.) Swing on the swing set and see how high you can go. Play badminton. Play catch (indoors with a nerf ball).

Comment

Working...
            X