X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Brillliant.

Comment

The only place I struggle with this is with the crappy oils. They cause inflammation for me, so I don't really like to have them.
      Same here- they make me feel like someone replaced my blood with acid or something. And when you eat out, they are in what appears "healthy".... so you eat the frigging chicken on salad, no dressing and still end up feeling like crap. LOL, the hamburger on a bun I ate caused less issue.

Eating out is definitely a learning curve, for the most part I can stay primal, but at the chains all bets are off. I wonder what the best option is to avoid the "oil" and whatever the substance is they inject "flavor" with. (bunless burger?) I always tell people I don't eat at chains, but for whatever reason, sometimes people just need Applebys....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
        Well I have been pretty overweight and I can gain fat pretty easily. I just stay diligent and shed any weight I gain quickly before it gets out of hand. Lean gains style helps a lot and the odd 24 hour fast makes things a lot easier. When I do go off plan I don't usually binge and I still keep calories in check.
        Not sure how much weight shifting you are talking about, but if it is getting to a yo-yo level you are setting yourself up for problems later on.
        Last edited by Dirlot; 07-12-2012, 07:05 AM.
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

I have found the longer I go Primal the more the smell of some restaurants, fast foods, and packaged lunches makes my stomach want to hurl...makes it much easier to keep eating real foods.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
            I have found the longer I go Primal the more the smell of some restaurants, fast foods, and packaged lunches makes my stomach want to hurl...makes it much easier to keep eating real foods.
            I don't know how long you've been primal, but I'm 7 months in and subway's smell still makes me drool
            Last edited by Gadsie; 07-12-2012, 07:42 AM.
            well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
              I don't know how long you've been primal, but I'm 7 months in and subway's smell still makes me drool
              About the same....I started in October but even before I read the book and went primal I was cutting out wheat, grains and processed foods on my own. My body had started to recognize them for the stodge they were so I started to cut down. For example pre-primal I was down to a bowl of ancient grains cereal and a small 1/4 cup of rice or pasta in the evening so the jump was a small one.

I think age and experience can have a lot to do with it too. I cook a lot and had the opportunity to have access to fresh fish, venison and more. In addition travelling through France introduced me to some amazing foods (including some wallet busting splurges at Michelin starred restaurants.

The more you eat healthy whole foods the more you want to eat healthy whole foods.....lol.

PS one of my favs - Sat Bains
              http://www.restaurantsatbains.com/menus.php

Extreme but I would happily give up a year of subway to eat there.
              Last edited by Dirlot; 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Really? I think those places smell AWFUL. I don't even like walking past them.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

I eat their salads, but I smell like bread all day. It's very annoying.
                  If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

About the same....I started in October but even before I read the book and went primal I was cutting out wheat, grains and processed foods on my own. My body had started to recognize them for the stodge they were so I started to cut down. For example pre-primal I was down to a bowl of ancient grains cereal and a small 1/4 cup of rice or pasta in the evening so the jump was a small one.

I think age and experience can have a lot to do with it too. I cook a lot and had the opportunity to have access to fresh fish, venison and more. In addition travelling through France introduced me to some amazing foods (including some wallet busting splurges at Michelin starred restaurants.

The more you eat healthy whole foods the more you want to eat healthy whole foods.....lol.

PS one of my favs - Sat Bains
                    Sat Bains - Restaurant with rooms - Menus - Nottingham

Extreme but I would happily give up a year of subway to eat there.
                    Yeah that restaurant is obviously much better than subway. Subway is crap, maybe that's the fact I like the smell so much. I don't like their food though, just the smell
                    well then

Comment

We have a place here called Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches. They aren't really gourmet, but they offer anything in a lettuce wrap version, just say something like "the number two as a lettuce wrap". They also have gluten-free cross-contamination procedures in place, if you say you need g/f procedures.
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        We have a place here called Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches. They aren't really gourmet, but they offer anything in a lettuce wrap version, just say something like "the number two as a lettuce wrap". They also have gluten-free cross-contamination procedures in place, if you say you need g/f procedures.
                        +1 on Jimmy John's
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

This. Even my favorite pizza joint and chinese buffets smell like "not food".

Comment

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                            Really? I think those places smell AWFUL. I don't even like walking past them.
                            +1
                            Sandwich shops and pizza places smell like dirty feet to me. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CleoCat View Post
                              +1
                              Sandwich shops and pizza places smell like dirty feet to me. LOL
                              I just think that "meatball" smell at Subway smells like puke. And I used to love those meatball subs back in the day. Yech.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

This is a thoughtful analysis. From my perspective, 'indulgences' need not be 'food related'. In other words, my rewards for losing a few pounds, or staying the course, or losing a few inches my involve a new hair cut/colour, the purchase of a new suit or pair of pants, lingerie -- something that makes me feel sexy and successful in the pursuit of my goals.

It seems contra to my belief system to "reward" a 2 lbs loss with a bucket of ice cream --- it's almost self-destructive in nature.

Anyway, there's my analysis --- indulgences, rewards and treats are not 'food related'.

/louisa
                                ----------------------------------------
                                F, 48, 5'10"
                                Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                                Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Working...
                                X