Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Palm Oil Users

Hello,

I recently tried organic virgin red palm oil. It's clearly a rich oil bursting with nutrition, I was looking forward to using it. However, it gave me gastrointestinal distress and I don't seem to be able to tolerate the oil. Since red palm oil is ultra potent, perhaps I'm reacting to that.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Incidently, I've been using coconut oil for years, with good result.

Thank you.

Be well,
    Anj

I've used it a few times...my hubby doesnt care for the taste it imparts to his food. I've been sticking more to the lard and coconut oil here.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

I use it in curries and for frying eggs. I like the flavour but can see how some might not. Never had problems with it and I buy it from a dodgy african grocer cum hairdresser!
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
        I buy it from a dodgy african grocer cum hairdresser!
        Aaaah, yeah, that sounds dodgy!

Comment

I've been sticking more to the lard and coconut oil here.

Comment

Working...
          X