Crap people say...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap people say...

That make you laugh now that you are fully primal.

I'll start with this quote from my cousin:

"I read a study that compared low-fat, high-carb diets with high-fat, low-carb and high-fat, high-carb diets. The study concluded that low-fat, high-carb diets lacked optimal nutrition and increased inflammation. But the high-fat, low carb diets were even worse! They increased cholesterol to dangerous levels and participants had a greater risk of cancer and dying of heart disease or stroke. In the end, the study's authors recomended only a high-fat AND high-carb diet as optimal."
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

I just read this this evening in a thread about baking bread which made me cringe more than laugh.

I use 100% whole wheat flour but include a quarter cup of gluten. It fluffs my bread right up!
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
      I just read this this evening in a thread about baking bread which made me cringe more than laugh.
      Yikes!

I feel sorry for that poor body.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        "In the end, the study's authors recomended only a high-fat AND high-carb diet as optimal."
        Bring on the frosting, lol! Frosting is now health food for sure.

Comment

This makes me laugh everytime: "But the government agency _______ says you should ________". Fill in the blank with your agency or advice as you choose.

It is always funny...and sad.
          Randal
          AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
          Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
          http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
            Bring on the frosting, lol! Frosting is now health food for sure.
            Oh lord, yes it is!

Justification is sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
              This makes me laugh everytime: "But the government agency _______ says you should ________". Fill in the blank with your agency or advice as you choose.

It is always funny...and sad.
              Well I mean, after all, would the government lie to us?

Comment

After briefly explaining that I lost 10 lbs in a month by changing my diet by excluding grains and sugar, and including lots of meat, vegetables, and natural fat, my friend laughingly lamented that there was nothing at all healthy about the chocolate caramel cake she brought. "No wait, the caramel's low fat! So it's a little healthy!"

.... yay!

{as a side not, the cake happened to be a "Better Than Sex" cake, and since DH is deployed I figured I might at least get SOMETHING, and it was super delicious. And then I gained a pound. }
                ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
                Starting weight - 170 lbs
                9/4 body fat - 33%
                9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by PearlTigress View Post
                  After briefly explaining that I lost 10 lbs in a month by changing my diet by excluding grains and sugar, and including lots of meat, vegetables, and natural fat, my friend laughingly lamented that there was nothing at all healthy about the chocolate caramel cake she brought. "No wait, the caramel's low fat! So it's a little healthy!"

.... yay!

{as a side not, the cake happened to be a "Better Than Sex" cake, and since DH is deployed I figured I might at least get SOMETHING, and it was super delicious. And then I gained a pound. }
                  LMAO @ not getting it.

Comment

Add this one to the books:

"Let's see... You have ground beef, eggs, cocobut oil, sauerkraut... Ok, so, healthy fats, protein... Wait, where's your veggetable?"

Comment

The one that makes me cringe is when people mockingly laugh after they say to you "you're on the caveman diet".

The first person to tell me that is my mother-in-law husband. Who is a obese guy. When I first met him he told me when he was younger he looked like Gilligan now he looks like the Skipper.

The other person that said the same thing is my sister-in-law. She even added "good luck" when I first talked to her about it. Funny coming from a person that carries around a weight watchers book that tells you how many points you should have and how many points you food is. Last time we went out with my wife's family. Out came the book from her purse.

Comment

Conversation with my sister telling her how great our Dad is doing on the Primal plan and how his blood pressure has dropped and he has been taken off of three medications. She thought that was wonderful. So I saw an opportunity......

She and her husband are both *very* overweight and having multiple body part replacements. When I suggested that they might want to consider doing this plan too, she said, "Well, we are really getting healthy with our eating already. I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.

Comment

Not strictly a comment about eating Primal but in the most recent issue of a local health and fitness magazine, candyfloss (cotton candy) was recommended as a "healthy" cinema snack due to its comparatively low calorie content against nachos, hot dogs or peanuts. So, let's just forget the nutritional value or additive content of what we're putting into our bodies and rate it solely on calories, shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            Conversation with my sister telling her how great our Dad is doing on the Primal plan and how his blood pressure has dropped and he has been taken off of three medications. She thought that was wonderful. So I saw an opportunity......

She and her husband are both *very* overweight and having multiple body part replacements. When I suggested that they might want to consider doing this plan too, she said, "Well, we are really getting healthy with our eating already. I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.
                            Some people just don't want to help themselves... *sigh*

Comment

My niece whose response to my low carb weight loss was " Oh, I couldn't give up carbs !" then later in the convo.. "What are carbs ?" This from a college student.. the English education system is going to the dawgs

Comment

Working...
                              X